News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Met some Appleseeders today...

Started by vic303, May 22, 2009, 03:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic303

at the range in Tom Bean TX.  A Dad and 2 late teen sons were out having fun this morning.  I gave them a couple AQT targets I had spare.  They were kind enough to change over from rifle practice to pistol/shotgun when we showed up as we were only doing pistol work today.  The dad said he learned a lot from their trip to Davilla back in March.  Failed to catch their names though.  Funny though--they were a dead giveaway as Appleseeders!  The loop slings and 2 liberty training rifles and the carpet squares did it...  8)

KodyJaret

I hand out drill tatgets quite regularly.

Last week, at the club, met a fireman out w/ his young nephew. We got to talking, and as it often happens, the AppleSeed wandered into the conversation. I gave him some targets, and we resumed our respective activities. After a while I noticed he was packing up,,,then he walked over to me,,, he had a question; is the AppleSeed militia ? I anwered his question, and gave him one of the reprints from SWAT magazine, and told him to read it, and perhaps visit the website, If he found something objectionible to please let me know.
He responded he would deifintly do that 'with' his wife, as 'she' planned to participate in the AppleSeed the club had planned for August.

Matthew 13: 3-9