News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anymore in KY this summer?

Started by kentuckyjam, May 19, 2009, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentuckyjam

We are looking at the schedule and want to get our friends to a shoot soon.  This weekend is too soon and Brad can't make Greensburg.  Are there any other shoots in the works or do I need to find a new venue to host?
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

dond

There's one at Puryear, TN, next weekend. It's only about 10 minutes out of KY. There will also be others there in June, July, and September. By the way, that's my home club. We would love to have you all there.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

hawkhavn

kyjam,

You might look at Evansville as well, multiple shoots the rest of the year.  Next one up is 6/13-14, beautiful range and I think you already know one of the 'home' instructors---Mudcat.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

MeanStreaker

Not sure where in KY you are.  You can check out the National Map linked off the main AppleseedInfo.org homepage to see what is closest to you, maybe Southern IN and Souther OH if nothing else in KY:

National Map

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Mudcat

Puryear, TN--May 30 & 31
Evansville, IN--June 13 & 14
Puryear, TN--June 27 & 28
Puryear, TN--July 25 & 26
Knob Creek (West Point), KY--Sept 12 &13
Evansville, IN--Sept 19 & 20

Thats about it for close to KY for the next few months. But there are talks of 2 more shoots at Carrollton but no dates yet.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

funfaler

There will be a couple more in Carrollton later in the year.

MightMouse has some connections for a place Southeast of Lexington, on private land, but I have not heard about how that is going.

MANSKER has contacts in Eminence, KY, but again, not heard how that is going.

Perhaps these gents will fill us in? 

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

kentuckyjam

We are southeast of Lexington and could help out with that one.  I'm thinking the closer to home the more I can get there.  Have 5 interested right now. 
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.