News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

May 16 - Miamisburg, OH Mini Event

Started by MeanStreaker, May 17, 2009, 03:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

The Appleseed Project's presence at the Miamisburg Sportsmen's Club Open House and Family Picnic was very successful.  We had many folks, including several kids, stop by our area to get a taste of Appleseed marksmanship instruction and hear a little history.

Even though our upcoming Appleseed event there is sold out  O0 , I know that we raised even more awareness for the following date (Aug 29-30... with me proposing more dates) and helped out the Sportsmen's Club that has been very good to Appleseed.  Club leadership thanked us for our efforts and were shocked to see how many people came out to the club because they heard Appleseed was going to be there.

Special thanks to our SW Ohio crew - Slim, FiremanBill, Dryfire, Pebbles, and Paladin for helping to make a successful event.

I know that many ranges/clubs hold events like this.  I would recommend you approaching your club to try and get an Appleseed presence.  It helps our program and it helps the club... for a symbiotic win-win relationship.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

cannonman61

Kudos to you and the Ohio team.

It is heartening to see this state doing so well with their program.

I think we should import some of you guys to stir things up for us down here in the SE Theater.

cograts on a good job.

CM
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

MeanStreaker

Thanks CM.  This is already an exciting time for Appleseed in Ohio, and we've only just begun.

Somehow, I forgot to mention that I had two folks stop by our area yesterday that were leaders of the county 4-H program.  They were very impressed and are going to call me so we can figure out details on the best way to get their kids to an Appleseed... and also serving lunches at our Appleseeds as a fundraiser for them.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

slim

And one thing MeanStreaker didn't mention was we got to shoot!  :~

I do my best to squeeze in an AQT or something after the events are over, but this was a free day on the range. We'd actually "make some noise" to attract attention over to our range. Folks were running to the sound of the cannon fire and you should've seen the smiles when we asked, "do you wanna shoot?"

A fun day for all with plenty of shooting, outstanding BBQ, and what seemed like some pretty impressed club directors and members. Dare I say we'll be asked to add a few more events to the schedule at this location?

Paladin

We can always hope so Slim. I must say the members of the club seemed to support us alot. That shows the work Meanstreaker has put in there. Thanks to MS for putting in the time for a nice place to get the word out so we can show others the path to start bailing ;D .

The club is a very nice place with a great range. The whole place is well maintained with a huge berm for those who like their centerfire rifles (and can afford to shoot them)  :) I just needed to say What a great place for a shoot.