News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder City, NV May, 16-17

Started by DesertDog, May 18, 2009, 07:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Great Weekend with great people!  With our outstanding crew of AzRedhawk, Pat and I we had everything ready to go before the shooters arrived.  We had 7 shooters show up on Sat morning ready to shoot. 

Bruce and Gillian brought their 14 yr old daughter, Savannah, and 12 yr old son, Emmott, from Phoenix for the shoot.  Along with their local friend John and 2 airline pilots, Dave and Doug, competed our group.  After the morning redcoat we went through the usual instruction and watched groups tighten up as the day progressed.  We had to make some adjustments in the schedule as the 100+ degree temperatures, and lack of shade, had us taking more breaks than normal.  But our group persisted and never complained.  We got in 1 AQT and finished up with a Redcoat.

Everyone returned on Sun and Charlie walked on.  We started with the Redcoat and a review of Saturday's instruction and on to the AQT grind.  Unfortunately we had no Rifleman, but saw vast improvements.  Dave had a 193 on his last AQT and Bruce improved 50+ pts from his first AQT of the day.

I can't say how proud I am of all the shooters who perservered through the heat and equipment issues!  You all showed the true Rifleman's spirit!  I don't know if it was the heat, but both my LTR's went down along with AzRedhawk's.  No one ever complained about the conditions. 

John had trouble getting in the prone and shot sitting instead.  Emmott and Savannah never complained and shot some great groups, they give me hope for the future of the country.  Gillian's elbows were raw from the hot shooting mats.  Charlie had to take some extended breaks, but kept coming back!!  Dave and Doug were talking smack the whole time to each other. 

Again, I'm so impressed with how every one stuck it out and never complained O0  It would be an honor to work with any of you again.

Last but not least.  THANK YOU to AzRedhawk and Pat for helping my first event as Shoot Boss go smoothly as possible.  I couldn't have done it without you guys!  Pat called the line both days and Az filled in the gaps I missed.  I'm looking forward to Reno next weekend.

DD
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

AZRedhawk44

All the shooters here did a great job and worked through the adversity of tempermental equipment and high temperatures.  No riflemen/women were made this weekend, but the skills are in place so that practice can produce many, once gear issues are resolved.

I'm looking forward to having these folks back on the line in the near future.