News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Quick Report- El Paso Texas

Started by WestTx, May 16, 2009, 09:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestTx

Just finished Saturday at FBRG Appleseed. I would almost call it a mini seed. We had 7 sign up, 5 actually show up and no word or sign from the no shows. Tomorrow will be interesting with one attendee and a repeater at that. We seem to be having a rash of low turn out AS. Last one at EPCC signed up as a sell out but only had 6 show up. Maybe ff scared them off<grin- just funnin' ole illustrious one>.!
After a tremendous start, it appears that El Paso IS made up of couch potatoes! Perhaps I was too ambitious in setting up 2 shoots every month. Perhaps we should totally revise the schedule down to two more shoots at FBRG and two more at EPCC and see if folks demand more!
What say you fellow Texicans? I really don't want to listen to those New Mexicans try to advise or even those, those...Easterners. Thoughts? Maybe I should change deodorants?
Rifleman. That says it all.

vic303

Sorry to hear your turnout was so low.  I expect the lack of available ammo, even 22lr, cuts into potential shooters, as does a down economy.  I know I have been wanting to do an AS for about 3 yrs now, but am only now able to swing the family time and expenses/expendables.  BTW, the AS offer for women to shoot free all of 2009 was a pleasant and VERY helpful surprise!