News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Arizona Appleseed Ranges

Started by 1911Ron, May 10, 2009, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911Ron

Greetings fellow Arizona Appleseeders,   We have currently three ranges that really like our little program.  This is a good start, we have some leads for some other ranges in other parts of the state. Currently we have Buckeye Hills,Sierra Vista and Payson.

What we need is a place we can count on support and can get on the schedule fairly easy.  We also need a range we can do a RBC at, were camping is allowed.  I should point out when i say "Ranges" it includes private property that can safely be used to hold an appleseed (backstop fairly level etc..)

For Arizona to grow we need more ranges, along with more help (Instructors, Promotions boss, Ambassador and just plain getting the word out.

Thank you for your time.  1911Ron

Humvee

Hey Ron,

I'm trying to find some ranches that have easy access and a safe shooting area.  Might be able to find something up around Prescott which would be good for the temps.  I'll post back more when I find something out.

Rumpshot

Ron,
Don't forget Ben Avery.  I spoke with Nancy over the weekend at the NRA AM.  They don't dislike us.  It is an issue getting on the schedule, but they like having us there.  Someone needs to follow up and make sure we get on their schedule.

Rumpshot
Member Arizona Apple Core.
Appleseeds are formed in the Apple Core.

1911Ron

Rumpshot, we have something in the works for Ben Avery and as you said hard to get in, don't get me wrong i love Ben Avery (wind and all **))  I like the idea of having the ability to get on a ranges schedule easily and as pain free as possible,  ie as many times as possible in a year :)  Ron

atticus

Pugna Pro Patria

Beware of the man that owns only one rifle, he probably knows how to use it.

Have you dry fired your rifle today?