News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cedar City, Utah - May 2/3 After Action Report

Started by V, May 04, 2009, 12:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

Had a great Appleseed in beautiful Utah, with great weather, must have brought it with us from California  ;)

Mr Bill and I drove up Friday and got back late Sunday night. The one hour time difference robbed us Sat morning but paid us back Sunday night.

We had 21 shooters on Saturday. Three ladies were no-shows from the 18 pre-registers but we had six walk-ons. Eight of these 21 shooters were 1-day Saturday only.

On Sunday we had 13 shooters, two of the 2-day shooters didn't make it back and we had one more walk-on.

Bravo, out BOTG who couldn't make the shoot, had set up the posts and wire so all we had to do Sat morning was tape the cardboard and staple up the targets. Thanks Bravo.

Buttshot Comanche the regional coordinator arrived early to help setup and the shooters all arrived on time.

So after the welcome and briefings it was into the Redcoat and squares!

Lunch time I did the history of April 19th and we ended with an AQT and the Redcoats.

Sunday morning on the first AQT we got our first and only Rifleman. Congratulations Chris. Chris graciously agreed to step up as an Orange Hat - which I didn't have in my shootbox! (Mailed you one today  O0 )

Lunch time MrBill told the stories of some Dangerous Old Men and I threw in some Determined Dames.

By the end of the day and the last Redcoat we had a lot of people knocking on the door but not quite getting over that hump. But, everyone agreed they'd had a great time and were going to continue the journey and get their patch... but more importantly it was good to hear everyone talking about how they would take the next step and spread the news of the program.

Chris and his friend Fred are local shooters in Cedar City and Pierre who is also local all seemed fired up to help keep the program running locally. Plus we had a great bunch of guys from Salt Lake City area who were only at the Cedar City shoot because they didn't know about the Kaysville shoot up their way on the 16th and again in Sept. So we left UT feeling good about the prospects for Utah.

As always, its great to spend a weekend in the company of aspiring Riflemen, and it was an honor and a pleasure to be there to help.

Cheers
V

LayloPro

Hey guys!
Sounds like a fun shoot!! And yes, we -always- remember to forget -something-........ #) **)
At least you didn't have to worry about giving out our Cali Rockers........ @)

Seriously, V, you needed a smaller shoot to get you back in the "regular" AS mode, after all the Sac monsters you've been doing.....keeps the voice in better shape as well, as the bull horn is pretty hard to understand...... :))

Congrats on your RM!! Getting Utah up & running harder is one of those things folks have been waiting for awhile now......

Congrats on stepping up quicker than the rest!! ::) ;)

Well done!!

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

One-of-Three

My first appleseed event.  I enjoyed it completely.   Only was able to get sharpshooter score but with a little practice (can anyone ever hold it down to just a little when it's so fun?) I WILL get my rifleman!!!

Looking forward to seeing the pic and hearing more from the others that were there.

One-Of-Three

V

Can't find my piece of paper with the Redcoat scores for Saturday yet but here's Sunday's rundown

Morning                            Afternoon

400                       0                                        3
300                       2                                        1
200                       1                                        2
100                       5                                        4
0                          3                                        1
HS                        3                                        1
Cleared                  0                                       1 (all but the HS so really 3/4 )

loudsixstring@gmail.com

Finally activated!!  V, MrBill, you guys are great.  Great instruction, great history, GREAT FUN!!  People are gettin tired of me talking about the weekend.  The seventh step is alive and well in Utah.  Hopefully I'll make the Kaysville shoot.  I want the patch and orange hat(only missed it by six points on Sunday). 
Thanks for all you do.  I'm committed to continuing the tradition.

Kenny

V

One of Three, LoudSixString,

Welcome to the forum, had a great time in Utah and it was a great group of people. Looking forward to seeing you all again sometime, somewhere on the Appleseed Trail.

Cheers
V