News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Camping at Ramseur

Started by wildman, May 03, 2009, 09:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Many folks planing to come to Ramseur for Appleseeds and boot camps have ask what type of camping facilities are available at Ramseur. Here is my best effort.

The camping at Ramseur is primitive. There are porta potties, a well for fresh water, and a shower. The shower has hot water. There is Limited shore power for pop up campers or trailers. There are several fire pits and fires are allowed except during state burning bans. Fire wood can be found around the camping areas.

Please feel free to post your questions here and we will try to answer them.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Mogget

Put me down as someone who is by gender fully in favor of showers with tarps for all, regardless of the time.  I'll be happy to bring as many as are required, in addition to any fastenings that might also be necessary.  Please advise.

Mogs

wildman

I agree I spoke with Hawk this am about getting something done. Expect by boot camp on the 17 May something will be done crude perhaps but done.

Thanks for your input.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

wildman

There is a lot of fallen wood around the range you can use for your campfire. Chainsaw axes and splitting wedges will be a big help. You of course will accept all responsibility for the use of such tools. I don't think I real have to say this but DO NOT CUT LIVE TREES! If you have any doubts leave it alone and ask me.

country

I'm the guy coming in from WV for May bootcamp and was wondering if a late Sat. afternoon arrival was possible to set up?  How many are expected to attend?  Also, I'm looking for .22 magazines already checked Cheaper than dirt, and Maine Military plus my local guy, so if anyone is selling Savage 64 model mags drop me a message.  One more thing, is there a convenient link to NC laws, specifically mag capacity?
Keep your powder dry.

wildman

See you on Saturday. There is no magazine capacity limit in NC. The NRA has a publication that has state laws you can find one for future use. I believe the number of attendees for the boot camp is about perfect you'll have a great time.

Gordon

Quote from: wildman on May 03, 2009, 09:23:17 AM
... The shower is out in the open and requires tarps for privacy or just use it at night ...

Quote from: Mogget on May 03, 2009, 02:35:22 PM
... fully in favor of showers with tarps for all, regardless of the time. I'll be happy to bring as many as are required, in addition to any fastenings that might also be necessary.  Please advise.

The shower requires tarps, yes, but when I was there (July 09) the tarps were already set up. It was a decent little arrangement, really. Primitive, yes, but good privacy. Perhaps someone upgraded the shower subsequent to Wildman's original post.

I suppose they break it down for the winter, so the exact situation may vary season to season (?).

-FM.

Old Dog

Ahhh, winter showers at Ramseur.  Feels great while the water is on.  You forget how cold it is, until you turn the water off and finish drying off.  By the time you get dried off your feet have gotten so cold that it hurts to work them back into your shoes.  My feet got so cold, so quick I didn't know it. 

Still feels good to be clean when you wiggle into that sleeping bag and zip it up.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Mmccardle

My son and I are signed up for the August 26/27 KD and I am trying to find the shoot boss for that event to ask about/coordinate the gate for camping there Friday & Saturday night.

Thanks.

Monkey

Quote from: Mmccardle on July 18, 2023, 01:16:03 PM
My son and I are signed up for the August 26/27 KD and I am trying to find the shoot boss for that event to ask about/coordinate the gate for camping there Friday & Saturday night.

Thanks.

PM sent.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham