News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

One shooter at a time or maybe 5

Started by worksalot, May 02, 2009, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worksalot

Hey all, I have been helping a few folks from work get a hold of some AR15's and I felt it my job to get them some range time to learn their weapons. So today I had an inpromptu appleseed/sighting get together at my property in Birdseye, In. We had 5 shooters 2 being grandfather and grandson. I ran 2 of the guys through the appleseed AQT, they had no experience with using a sling so I demonstrated what I had learned at the Evansville Appleseed. They decided they would do it their way...no problem and no pressure they did it their way. After the first round they tried it our way on the second round score up 20-30 points. They now see the value in the sling and practice. I believe they will hit a Riley or Cloverdale shoot soon. I laid down a challege to them to make rifleman. I have ordered 2 of the challenge coins from the Appleseed store and will give one to the first one to make rifleman. One of the guys shot outstanding off of a bi pod with open sights but fell apart unsupported. The other one because does fine and just needs to practice. One of the fellows was using the Spikes tactical 22 conversion and had several malfunctions with CCI ammo(I truly think it was a terrible batch of ammo) but functioned fine with the federal bulk ammo. All and all it was a great day the Grandfather and grandson shot 2 ruger 10/22 rifles most of the time, but we did get them behind a few other gun..m1a, fnar,ak-47, several ar-15s. If anyone close to Birdseye needs a little room to shoot 22 let me know and I will be glad to help out.
DO IT NOW OR WISH YOU HAD

Mudcat

Good to hear from you. If you do this again drop me a pm and I may be able to come up and lend a hand. I'm not that far from you. Get them a little training before they make their first Appleseed.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington