News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MUD BOWL III (Toccoa- June)

Started by Appalacious, April 29, 2009, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appalacious

Don't think I'm jinxing it.  I'm UN-jinxing it.

here's how it works.  Everybody plan on another mud bowl.

Get your best rain gear (you need it anyway- remember Thor's rainsuit?  Thats what you want)

Get your best rain tent.

Outfit all your gear for wet weather.

Spend a TON of money doing this.

Net result...it won't rain.  Just to spite you.

See?  I promise it'll work.  O0

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Buzzstrike

So what,  I survived TMB II.  Yep it sucked, cold, rain, mud, grass and other unknown debris in the action of my AR (with no stoppages ::))  Whats not to love.

Can't be worse than LAST years June AS.  IIRC it was around 90-100'F in the shade...

AS is about learning and pushing your shooting limits.  Momma (my wife), John, (my son"pokey" I call him) and myself are planning on being there again.

Can't wait to see all of you there again.

buzz.
Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

jollynator

Never been, but I'm in the planning stages for a Toccoa now.  Don't know if I can make it though.  If it rains, great.  If not, great.

I see it this way:

The men who came before us done it and some are doing it overseas right now.  If we aren't willing to put up with a little weather, then we don't meet the standards of our fathers.  Period.  They did it and were being shot at.  Until the AQTs start shooting back, no one can really complain.

I just hope that rain don't clog my rear aperture if I shoot.

FWIW, jollymeister and I were in the prep stage for March Hinesville and it was friggin cold.  Now 34 degrees may not be cold to some of you guys, but considering our average New Years Day temp for the last 12 years was 85 or close to it.

No, Georgia don't have crazy weather.  Not a bit. #)

Applacious, looking forward to working with ya! O0

Appalacious

Same here.
We've worked together before.  I was to your right on the line at Hinesville.  (Remember?  Dead buffalo?)

See you there.
J

cannonman61

Hey Now that's great to see. two Hinesville Alums planning and working together as IiTs and working to push the program in Georgia. Super.

Except, The only thing people seem to remember from our March shoot is that darn dead buffalo!!! :P :P :P

There was lots more than that going on and almost all of it was GOOD.
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Appalacious

Those ribs were definitely good.

Oh yeah and Keith and Jolly and that other guy making rifleman.  That was good, too  **)

But anyway, looks like middle GA will be WELL represented in toccoa this time.

Maybe as many as 9  <:)

But knowing my friends, probably only 2  ++)

J

jollynator

Flathead

There will be camping no matter the weather!! Maybe no wind blowing sparks close to the tents this time!

DuaneRN

If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

jollymeister

Hello All
  How is the camping at Toccoa should I bring floaters or what !! ha ha    I have just finished my new LTR . I softened the trigger and  I should be ready to redeam myself from
the March Hinesville shoot. Cya soon

Jollymeister