News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Niagara/Norway mini appleseed

Started by bedford, April 29, 2009, 07:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedford

We are having a mini Appleseed saturday May 2nd behind our place Pleasant View Orchard and Bakery.

Afterwards we can have coffee and something from the Bakery (don't worry, I am not the cook!) 

We just replanted the field, so its quite bumpy.  The plants won't be up by then, so expect to get dirty.

We will be working on the 4 rules of safety, use of the sling, NPOA, positions with steady hold factors, mag changes.  We will shoot mostly 1 inch squares, then an AQT or two.  This would be ideal for a new shooter or for someone tuning up for an Appleseed.

If it is raining we will have to cancel as the field will be mud.

Those of you who don't know me don't be afraid to come!   If you don't have a rifle we have one you could use.

PM me for my phone number, directions, etc.

We hope to have this be a regular event but I am working on putting together a schedule.

Bedford

Robbvious

If you weren't 5,781 miles away (and I didn't have to supervise 60 something-odd unruly Guardsmen on that date), I'd come up in a heartbeat!  Libby T is in SC this weekend or she'd prolly gas up the Scion.  Got any camping near you?  Maybe we can come up the next time.

Ok, I exaggerated a bit, it's only like 300 miles....
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

bedford

We had 3 shooters - good start.

Didn't get to 3/4 of what I had planned.  Did safety and shooting 1 inch squares, not much more than that today.

We are planning the next mini Appleseed May 23rd, 8:30 - 11:30 or whenever everyone wants to stop.

Rustic camping is available for anyone who wants to stay.

PM me if you would like to come!

bedford

We will have free breakfast and lunch, and free childcare.

We have extra rifles and ammo (free) if you need them....

No stress, friendly instruction.

We have room for only 8 shooters.

I hope you can come! 

bedford

We have been putting a lot of work into our range, we rebuilt the berm, it is now 6-8 ft high and 10 feet thick!

Expanded the range width, now about 100 feet.  Should be able to accomodate at least 20 shooters.

Its perfectly level, very nice! 

Have a 75 foot hill behind berm as added safety measure...

Added parking....

Started out house.  Frame and seat done, but no sides - functional, but a bit drafty.... ;D

Will add a well soon...

Hope to add a covered firing line in near future....

Need to add clubhouse for winter applseeds and to keep the bears from getting into my targets and tools... >:(

Need to get a bear license.... &)

Main thing we need is some shooters!

If you are from NE WI or the UP PM me and lets get going!

Old Glory!

This sounds GREAT!   You have been busy. 

Appleseeders!  Bedford is a wonderful instructor.  Anyone who attends will be well taken care of. 

Keep us posted. 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

ACP230

My wife, son, and I are signed up for this weekend's mini.
We are looking forward to it.   

bedford

Our next mini shoot will be June 27th 8:30 AM - 11:30.  (cancelled - sorry!)  I am charging a $15 fee for targets and for range maintenance.

There will be free rustic camping.  The outhouse is finished and is very nice.  I hope to have a well in by then, if not we can bring water from the shop.

We have M1, M1A, and AR rifles to loan if you bring the ammo (will need 100 rounds at most).  We also have mats, etc.

If there is interest, we can have a more advanced shoot in the afternoon.  Less instruction, shooting AQts, etc. 

I hope to see you there!

bedford

The schedule for the rest of the year:

June 27th - cancelled, sorry!

July 11th

August 8th

October 31st

November 14th.

All shoots are 8:30 - 11:30.  The cost is $15 and expect to shoot about 100 rounds during the event.

bedford

Unfortunately, my health is worsening and we will not be able to have the mini clinic on June 27th.  We are working on getting others to lead the clinics, if you can help, let me know!

I hope to keep the rest of the years schedule as is - I will keep you posted.

If anyone in the area has interest in leading the shoots please let me know!

I will still be working on promotion, etc. if possible.

Old Glory!

Bedford needs to cancel the July 11 mini at Niagara/Norway.  Let's HOPE and PRAY that the doctors can figure this out and for a total healing.   @)

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

fepowered

"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."