News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Allemans PA 18-19 April Shooters

Started by Truculent turtle, April 29, 2009, 07:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truculent turtle

Hi  all!   Just  a  couple  of  clean  up  notes.  First  of  all,  thank  you  to  everyone  that  made  this  happen: mooney,  B964  and  I  am  sure  others but  especially  the  shooters  that  made  the  effort.  Now  that  I  have  sort  of  caught  up  with  home life again,  I  look  back on  what we  all  did  there  and  am  very  pleased.  The  hard  part, the seventh  step, is  next.  Whether  you  feel  like  you  need  to  attend  another  AS  or  so,  or a  Boot Camp (Ramseur in May is  super),  or can  offer  Appleseed  something   in  the area  of  promotions, or  computer  support or  logistical  support or  whatever--even  financial  support,  it  would  certainly  be  welcome.  Specifically  I  need to  apoligize to  those  that approached  me  about  being  instructors.  I  thought  I  could induct  you  in  as  IITs,  my  bust,  I  can  not.  First  you  need two  AS,  and a  riflemans score(which  might be waived for a  time  period), and a  recommendation  of a  Master  Instructor,  which  I  am  not.   I  was  acting  on  what  I  had  observed.  So,  do  not  let  my  screw  up  discourage  you.  Find  another  shoot,  one  with a  Master  Instructor and  overcome.  Again  Ramseur  Boot Camp,  either  May  or  late  Jun,  should  work  just  dandy.

Nickle

Quote from: Truculent turtle on April 29, 2009, 07:07:50 PM
Specifically  I  need to  apoligize to  those  that approached  me  about  being  instructors. 

I  thought  I  could induct  you  in  as  IITs,  my  bust,  I  can  not. 

First  you  need two  AS,  and a  riflemans score(which  might be waived for a  time  period), and a  recommendation  of a  Master  Instructor,  which  I  am  not.   

No apologies needed, other than for not fully knowing the deal on this.

Let me clear it up for everybody, as the info mentioned isn't 100% correct.

The basic requirements to become an IIT are as follows:

Have attended 2 Appleseeds as a shooter (1 may be waived, but not both).

Have shot a Rifleman score (210 or up), and can do it consistently. (as in not all the time). This is waivable, if the situation warrants it.

Express a desire to become an Instructor, and willing to travel through the IIT process. (obviously, as you asked, right?)

Have no ego issues, and a commitment to the program. (this gets screened by the event Shoot Boss)

Now, here's where the confusion comes in. Master Instructors are the ONLY ones that can grant a waiver. They do that either from personal knowledge (at the event themselves) or through the recommendation of the Shoot Boss or one of the Instructors at the event.

So, if you failed to shoot a Rifleman Score, or this was your first Appleseed, then send a PM to the Shoot Boss, and he'll pass the info on to me. If he thinks you're good IIT material, he'll send it on to me, and we'll probably get you waived and working. Make sure to let him know if you shot Rifleman or not (if not tell him your high score) and which events you have attended.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.