News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotions Bosses needed!

Started by ItsanSKS, April 28, 2009, 12:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Folks, I have been working my tail off as State Coordinator, and as I've been recently reminded, the SC role is *supposed* to be "overseer of all" rather than "doer of all".  One thing that I've been lax on has been state-wide promotions.  I'm pretty good about getting the word out in my local area, but could use some help!

I know many of you are working at this just as hard as I am, but without communication, I don't know what you're doing, and vice-versa.  Lets work harder to coordinate our efforts- two heads are better than one, and four hands bail faster than two. 

To that end, I need people from the various geographic areas to step up and be "Promotions Bosses" for their local area.  I'm currently looking at 1 person for the NW, 1 for the NE, 2 for Central FL, 1 for SW, and 1 for SE.
If you have the ability to recieve packages of promotional materials, and ensure that they get where they need to be (gun ranges, sporting goods stores, churches, community centers, etc, etc) step up! 

I've got thousands of fliers on order, and need people to help pass them out.  Once we blanket the state with fliers, then we'll begin working on the other venues for advertisement.  I have a number of print ads in the works, just waiting for the right time to unleash them.

So who's out there, ready to put their shoulder to the cart?  This is the year of Appleseed Promotions, and so far we're falling far, far behind our goals for attendence- I blame lack of promotion.  Can you help me fix it?  If so, shoot me a PM with your contact info, and I'll be sure to get a box of promo supplies to you quick.

Need some promo stuff faster?  Send me an email, and I'll email you everything I've got- in .pdf format, for quick and painless printing at your local Kinkos.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

RLCDave

I will step forward to coordinate promotions in NE Florida.

Dave

mlle.yotnottin

Parramore Foundry will be pleased to step forward and coordinate promotions for central Florida.

Mademoiselle Yotnottin

ItsanSKS

A description of what is required of the "Promotions Boss", as copied from the State Coordinators board:

QuoteA tasking has come down for each event to now have an individual person to coordinate local promotions, notifications, etc. - advertising - of our events. This position will be known as the "Promotions Boss" (PB) and will be the person in charge of coordinating all marketing and PR for the event at that specific location.

You, as an SC, along with the Shoot Bosses, coordinate the ranges, supplies and Instructors. The Promotions Boss ensures the Shoot Boss has shooters at their event.

Plain and simple, the PB's job is to put butts on the line!

Now, most SCs are also the Shoot Bosses/Instructors for many of the shoots in their state and that's probably not going to change for a lot of you. Do you want another job too? I'm guessing no. So, the answer to that is to find someone local through your Instructors, IITs, someone who went to last year's shoot, maybe even someone from another forum, and get them cracking! Task your Shoot Bosses with lining up a PB for their event! Remember, BUTTS ON THE LINE! And also, it's not your job! Find a local to get BUTTS ON THE LINE!!!

Funfaler has assembled a Local Boots on the Ground (LBOTG) checklist and I'll be posting it in each state's child board. Please "sticky" this post to your state's child board so the public has access to it and there's also a good place to see what needs to be done. Don't be scared to take it a step further and make one for each event! We can't do too much advertising and we can't have too many BUTTS ON THE LINE!

At minimum, I want to see a dedicated PB for each 04/19 event and I don't want it to be you! You're doing enough already, right? The PB needs to be someone you can "activate" but who will also take the ball and run with it. Task your SBs, task your Instructors, task your IITs, task your newbies... task everyone. GET BUTTS ON THE LINE! Start with 04/19 and work toward the end of the year from there, that way we have the max amount of lead time. "If" you have such an abundance of voluntary help, start backfilling your dates prior to 04/19.

And put it out there in public through your state's child board so all can see what's going on. Who knows, you might even get someone to step up without asking!

I'll be the Promotions Whip (whipping those PBs!) for this tasking so any questions can be routed through me. It doesn't take a lot of time or effort to get a whole bunch of BUTTS ON THE LINE!

Folks, we have a goal of doubling in size this year. Every year. We do that by getting the word out and getting those who stick their heads up activated. Activate them on your forum and get them cranking out items on that LBOTG checklist. The same 50 people who do everything on this site can no longer do it. It's just simply not possible anymore. Facilitate that growth by tasking your PBs.

Good luck, and Godspeed!

Look for that LBOTG checklist to be a sticky soon.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."