News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lessons Learned

Started by wildman, April 27, 2009, 03:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

The "Morgan's Crew" exercise is producing some really good information, not that I am learning anything new but it is certainly reinforcing what I thought I knew before we started. The first and perhaps the biggest thing is if you want to do well you must use your best rifle and ammo plus you must have complete dope on that rifle and ammo. I continually see shooters come to the range with several rifles and and try this one then that one and never master either. The targets don't lie and their scores prove it. Sure its sometimes tough to decide which one to use when you have a safe full of military history. Pick one and "master it as you master your life," now where have I heard that before, the rifles left at home won't care they are steel and wood and have no feelings. You the shooter is the force that gives them life as they may give you life but not if you can't get all there is to get from them.

The "Morgan's Crew" competition is great thing but it requires discipline and hard work. Don't settle for just making noise anyone can do that. Strive to be the best you can be so that when people that see the "Morgan's Crew" tab they will know your not just good your damn good. Even if they don't know "Morgan's Crew" from Annie's Cat you will know and that's what really counts. Be the rifleman that knows he can not the one that just thinks he can.

As it looks right now with only three shoots left this year, the KWSC doesn't count for MC 'cause scopes are used, only three tabs will be awarded. Those three will be well earned.

To earn the tab the shooter must attended at least three shoots. Shoot from the prone unsupported with iron sights. The shooter must be in the top ten percent of first hit probabilities when shooting the Morgan's Crew COF.

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Earl

Now I have to go find the Morgan's Crew, which I have never heard of before, but I am new although so old.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.