News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wanted: Summer Soldiers and Sunshine Patriots

Started by RickB, April 21, 2009, 04:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickB

Did that catch your eye?
We don't have any summer Appleseeds scheduled in Florida--let's change that.
Here in Florida summer is the tough season.  High humidity and temperatures, bugs, and sunshine so strong the UV index goes up to 15!
But I know there are prospective riflemen out there willing to brave the weather.
We have Instructors ready to suffer serve 8) so if YOU are willing let us know.  PHenry has promised he will show up if we can get 10 people to commit.
I'll be there!
RickB

mlle.yotnottin

I have a very low tolerance for hot weather but I'll be there as well. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there with a big ice chest full of ice and water and my brand spankin' new orange hat.

I'm in.

Mademoiselle Yotnottin

gjwilliamsjr

I certainly don't want to wait until October to attend my first appleseed, and neither does my wife.  Am building LTR's now.  If the dates don't conflict with a scheduled vacation in August, we would love to attend.

BOOMER_EOD

I'm stationed on Eglin Air force base and am willing to help in pensacola. I do know that the range there is happy to have appleseeders at anytime.

douglas34474

Rick,

St. Augustine or Hernando, either is about the same for us. Just let us know time and place.

Doug.

RLCDave

I understand the St. Augustine Range has submitted their application. In that case, I think I can get at least 10 members from the RLC of Northeast Florida to attend if not more.

Sure it will be hot, but did our Founding Fathers get to choose preferable weather for their Revolution? :)

Dave

PHenry

I am forwarding the St Aug. range's info today and will look to git an event on the schedule there ASAP.

There's this great little fort there on the shore...............  ^-^

PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

RLCDave

PH,

That is great, I am getting all sorts of interests from the various groups that I am plugged in to up here in Northeast Florida.

Just from my email/calling around yesterday I think I have 15 interested assuming the dates work. Once we have a date and I canvass some meetings I think we will get more than 25 to 30 people.

By the way, downtown in historic St. Augustine by the Spanish castle is spectacular!

Dave

dwarven1

Can we still drink from the Fountain of Youth in St Augustine? Haven't been there since... Hmm. Since I was a Youth, in fact.  **)
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

ItsanSKS

You know darn well that hot weather will not keep me from instructing at our next event, and from the sounds of it, should be a good one.

We need to get the ball rolling on promotions for the St. Augustine events; we may not have a 'firm' date set yet, but that is not a sufficient reason to not tell anyone about them.  If nothing else, send 'em to the website, so they can learn what we are about, and what they should do in preparation for attending their first event.

If there is a gun show scheduled in the near future up there, let me know, and I will see to it that you have the promo materials necessary; get us a table, and I'm sure we can fill it with interested persons.

ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

jollymeister

Hello to All,

I live just over the line in Ga. I would drive to St Aug. to attend I need another A/S to be a IIT anyway. I will be attending the Hinesville Ga shoot in oct  '09 but if Fla Has one just as close, Im there.

Jollymeister

PHenry

jolley,
Must say that I am overwhelmed by response shewn to summer events. We'll give a whole new meaning to Sunshine Patriots!

ItsanSKS and I are working on getting St. Aug on line this AM - right now and will post schedule here as soon as we get it.

I will look forward to meeting you.

Many thanks,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

BamBam

PHenry & ITSAN...

Thanks for getting the St. Aug. shoot together! I have several candidates for the shoot that just need dates to confirm. Looking forward to Rifleman!

BamBam

ItsanSKS

PHenry-
I sure hope your up to the heat, as this next event in St Augustine is fixing to be HOT!

If half the people show up, that expressed a burning desire to attend an appleseed in the hot summer months, then we are going to have our hands full.   Looks like it is shaping up to be an "all hands on deck" event here in FL.

For those of you who haven't checked out the venue we are talking about, please visit www.attac-fl.com

Awesome, huh?

Many thanks to all who worked behind the scenes to make this event happen.  It sure didn't happen by itself.

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

mlle.yotnottin

Wow! What a great looking facility. Do we have a definite date set for this yet? We can bring the entire Parramore Foundry team which includes 4 orange hats and a few new shooters to boot.

Thank you PHenry, Itsansks and everyone else who put this together.

Mademoiselle Yotnottin

dwarven1

Quote from: ItsanSKS on April 28, 2009, 12:27:22 AM
If half the people show up, that expressed a burning desire to attend an appleseed in the hot summer months, then we are going to have our hands full. 

Itsansks - do NOT underestimate Appleseeders! Up here in the frozen Northeast, we foolishly thought that no one would want to shoot from November until April 19th, so we didn't schedule an AS. The magnificient lunatics on NorthEastShooters.com pestered us until we scheduled one in north central MA - IN THE DEAD OF WINTER (Feb 7-8th) - and dared them to sign up.

See results here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5688.0

I have no doubt that you will get shooters out in the noonday Florida sun.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

RLCDave

I love it! Looks like a lot of steam building for this event!

Dave