News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After action report from Pensacola

Started by BOOMER_EOD, April 20, 2009, 11:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOOMER_EOD

Hey everyone,

Lil Pappy here, great appleseed down here in pensacola. Had a full line on Saturday. Sunday we had 11 shooters. Had to leave early on Sunday but at that time we had one rifleman. I would also like to add we had alot of veterans and people currently serving and would like to thank everyone for your service and spending a great weekend with your fellow countrymen.  O0

gcvaughn

I'll second what lil Pappy said, this was my first Appleseed and I was thoroughly impressed.  Boltgun71 and TnTimberwright (and lil Pappy on Sunday) were a fantastic group of instructors, both on the line and in tying in the history of April 19- thanks to you all.  I learned so much and had a great time; I'm already trying to find another event to attend!

And the Escambia River Muzzleloaders Range was first class, thanks to them for hosting the event.

Chris
I like shooting with precision.  It appeals to every part of me- AdobeWallsOfFla

PHenry

Sounds like ya'll have gotten something going on "up yonder" in the panhandle - great work!  :~ :~

My name is "PHenry" - Florida's first "local" shoot boss (we gots three now and willst have more soon).

Let me know what I can do to help.

For Liberty,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ItsanSKS

Folks, I'm going to be leaning hard on you up there in Pensacola..

We need someone local to ensure that promo materials are passed out to the various places that need 'em: gun stores, sporting goods stores, local PX, churches, anywhere you think people might pick one up and read it.

Contact me on the forum, or via email (provided below) to get on the list of people requesting the latest promo materials.

We are also going to need a group of instructors from the local area- as evidenced by the April 18-19 event, Pensacola is simply too far for the rest of us here in FL, unless we were to take a plane.  If you know someone who has attended an Appleseed, and shot a Rifleman score, do your level best to recruit them to volunteer with the RWVA as an instructor - We'll hammer the knowledge they need into them, and they'll join a dedicated corps of elite instructors!

Eric "ItsanSKS" McCabe
Florida State Coordinator

Email:RWVA@Live.com
Phone:(813)385-3968 (mon-fri 4pm-9pm EST)
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

PHenry

Should be able to git an IBC on the books soon enough - soon as I can git enough people interested.

I just happen to know a Master Instructor that likes the area.  8)

One thing leads to another. First an event, then IITs, then more events, then some red hats - 'for ya know it - thar's a whole Appleseeds community in sunny Pensacola cranking out Riflemen!

Men and women who know well what they are about!

There I go agin - gettin all fired up.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

calfret

Red hat?  Not likely.  At least not any time soon.  We have some work to do before we start bringing home the patches, but bring them home we shall.  I know a pile of people in Pcola, so we might be able to get something aranged so that promo materials are placed where they need to be.
"No school or course I have attended (military or civilian) teaches the basics and pushes you to master them as well as Appleseed."
-Boltgun71

LiquidG

Are there any plans anytime soon for another shoot in the Pcola area? I was outta town in april and really want to do an appleseed shoot. Im down to pass out any materials and spread the word if there's interest.

PHenry

LG,
PM ItsanSKS and see what he thinks. I am working on the 2010 schedule now and will certainly work to get some events at that location then, but if we can squeeze one in this year by getting enough people who want it - we'll sure try to make it happen for you.

The bottom line is attendance. An event is quite the ordeal for the volunteer instructors and also creates expense to the program's limited funds. We have to get enough Americans who wish to be immersed in the marksmanship pool to warrant the effort and expense. Please do not take this the wrong way - it's all about priorities. The ship is taking on water faster every day and we have to focus our efforts to the best effect to keep her from sinking.

You can download fliers here on the forum and have them printed at your local printer for very little. Post them at gun shops, ranges, coin laundries, any place you can. Carry them with you everywhere you go and look for opps to pass them out - hand to hand is best. ItsanSKS can assist you with additional materials and idears on how to get the word out.

This is a team effort and I'm glad to have you on ours!

Many thanks,
PHenry

LiquidG

Sounds good PHenry, i'll do what i can to get some fliers passed out around the crestview area. Thanks again and i look forward to attending a shoot one of these days!

PHenry

LG,
I just added some dates to a FL flier - PM with your Email addy, and I will attach as a PDF you can print out. I like to get them done up on neon yellow plain paper - same price as white at my printer and very eye-catching. Saving a country is a hard sell - gotta pretty it up a bit.  <:)
Thanks,
PH