News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thanks for a great Appleseed!!!

Started by jollybfd, April 20, 2009, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jollybfd

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you to Pat, Cindy, and Greg for putting on an outstanding Appleseed in Oxford this weekend!  They really personalized and drove home the sacrifices the colonists made to free this country we all take for granted today.  I also wanted to thank them for taking a special interest in helping my wife succeed in getting her Rifleman patch on her very first Appleseed (and before me)!  If the rest of the Appleseed instructors are anything like these three, this program is guaranteed to reach the hearts and minds of America.  We look forward to being at the next Appleseed and getting my rifleman's patch and orange hat to match my wife's!   O0
Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. - Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

ksuguy

I'll second that.  Prior to the weekend, almost all my shooting has been done off the bench.   I really gained an appreciation of how much harder it is without one.  I'll need to practice some more before I can reach rifleman level, but I did improve my shooting over the course of the weekend.

I'll definitely try to make it out again during the summer, and maybe bring a few more people along with me next time.   

Charger Arms

I wish we could have stayed for day 2 but Grandma's birthday dinner won out. I think that the next time I show up, I might get a rifleman's patch too. After my son started usnig the shooting tips, his groups were getting smaller. It was a blast and we will be back again.

kansas45

I attended the very first Appleseed in Kansas this past weekend. Thanks to Dad & Cindy & Greg, many of us learned much about riflemanship, and quite abit about the begining of this great Country of ours. Because of people like Joe Rankin letting us use his land, & the superb instruction we recived, all of us came away with a better understanding of our rifles & the Heros that came before us. I look forward to the next Appleseed.