News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guntersville AL Mar 23-Mar 24, 2024 Appleseed - Event ID: 9892

Started by Mixed Metaphor, March 29, 2024, 06:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

First and foremost, I want to thank Blue & Gray Rifle & Pistol Club in Guntersville, AL! .  For the past several years Appleseed is the only outside group they have allowed to use their range.  They close for the entire weekend, don't charge range fees, and provide us a great facility.  Thank you!!

This group showed up early Saturday morning ready to go.  Everyone had their equipment on the line before 8:30am so we jumped right into some history.  AH1Tom gave his usual outstanding recount of the first Strike!  After safety instruction, we brought rifles to the line and rocked out a Redcoat target, then proceeded with instruction.  Each and every one of them was attentive to instruction and were very appreciative to the instructors.  Their squares targets showed that they had put our instruction into practice.  We took a break for lunch and heard a rousing re-telling of the second Strike by Peace and Love.  After lunch we had IMC instruction, did carding the sights and mag change drills followed by seated and standing instruction.
The third Strike was well told by AH1 Tom.

We were able to complete our first AQT before closing with the presentation of one William Diamond patch.   

On Sunday morning we heard about some Dangerous Old Men for morning history, then we reviewed all of Saturday's instruction. 
We were able to complete another 4 AQTs on Sunday. 
I can't express how awesome this weekend was! Great people coming out and hearing about the history and heritage of our great Republic and shooting rifles!  It doesn't get much better than that.

(P.S.  I have a stack of Orange Hats waiting)

May God bless each of you!

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

SkydiveAL

Thank you again - really was a great event with impressive training and instruction.