News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SBRGC, Dulzura, CA April 19-19 '09

Started by Francis Marion, April 20, 2009, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis Marion

Americans from far and near converged east of San Diego to shoot, to learn, to show publicly what is the sight and sound of Liberty. 
SonoftheRepublic and I set up the range early Saturday, with help from early attendees.  Great spirit and effort on their part, a considerable help. 

People spoke their minds, enjoyed each other's company, talked, discussed, shared ideas.  We reviewed the rights that made our event possible in the morning brief, of which the Second Amendment was only one.  We reflected upon how these rights came to us, by what price, by whom paid. 

Students and instructors persisted through winds, 'target frame engineering' punctuated both days. 

And the seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground. 
Students gained a concise set of information that they can now share with their friends and family.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  Every attendee knows the names and stories of the men, women, and kids who paid the cost of our Liberty so long ago. 

A cross section of society, as usual, comprised the Appleseed students.  Contractor, school kids, college student, reservist, police officer, writer, mom, cadet. 
It was my privilege to meet you all and share what I know, and learn what you know.  Our community knows more about Liberty now than they did before the event, and how to care for and pass along that Liberty. 

Riflemen emerged.  Two Americans who 'know very well what they are about' earned the patch over the weekend.   Many more will join them, as their targets promise, with persistence, and soon. 

Two dozen shooters Saturday, one dozen Sunday.  Thank you all for spending your weekend with us.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life.     

Old Glory!

Quote from: Francis Marion on April 20, 2009, 01:10:13 PM
In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  Every attendee knows the names and stories of the men, women, and kids who paid the cost of our Liberty so long ago. 

every attendee walked away as an instructor.........that is Appleseed!   O0
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

RobT2K

My Brother and I had a great time, he was sorry he had to miss Sunday.  I'm closing in on a Rifleman score, I joined that range and plan to head back there until I get it.  I talked to a few of the other shooters and they are members there also, so hopefully we can practice together.

Thanks to Francis and Dave, my shooting improved a lot from the first day.  Hopefully we can keep having appleseed shoots in SD county.  Because I plan on working on the 7th step as well.

Francis: Be sure to check out "Washington's crossing" by David H. Fischer, if you liked Paul Revere's ride you will enjoy this one as well.

Hopefully see everyone and more at the next one--Robert

SavageShootr

Quote from: Francis Marion on April 20, 2009, 01:10:13 PM

It was my privilege to meet you all and share what I know, and learn what you know.  Our community knows more about Liberty now than they did before the event, and how to care for and pass along that Liberty. 

Riflemen emerged.  Two Americans who 'know very well what they are about' earned the patch over the weekend.   Many more will join them, as their targets promise, with persistence, and soon. 

Two dozen shooters Saturday, one dozen Sunday.  Thank you all for spending your weekend with us.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life.     

FM and SoR. Great job out there!

Congratulations to the new Riflemen out there in San Diego County. The ones who shot the score and the ones who are a Rifleman in their hearts and minds.

"May you tend your patch in Liberty's gargen well and through a long life."

WOW! I wish I had said that!

Thanks for the report.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

colycat

Francis, I would sure like to work a shoot with you and the instructors you had this past weekend.  Great Job, and I love your quotes O0 O0 O0

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

RobT2K

Well, less than one month later, and I just broke 200 for the first time yesterday (201)! Then did it three more times today with scores of: 207,208,206!!!

The best score I got on the day of the appleseed I went to was 178, so I am really excited about my progress.

Too bad I'll have to wait to get my Rifleman patch  :'(

MeanStreaker

Excellent Rob! 

Keep up that dry firing!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

SavageShootr

Quote from: RobT2K on May 15, 2009, 06:09:02 PM

Too bad I'll have to wait to get my Rifleman patch  :'(

But you will get it.

Great job, keep up the good work. You will make it at the next one.

I'll see one of your Instructors from that event tomorrow, I'll let him know.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

RobT2K

Ok, so a little over a month after my 1st Appleseed, I finally scored rifleman!!

I shot a 223 and then a 213 today, I can't wait to get my patch!

Thanks to the shoot bosses, Francis and Dave, I worked on everything they showed me and it paid off.  I worked with the egg timer at the range and improved my scores quickly.

Now whens the next Appleseed in San Diego? I'm already showing my brother what it takes to improve his score, and I'm trying to get a few guys together at work for a mini-appleseed.  Unfortunately I don't think I'm off for another appleseed until the Corona one in Sept.