News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 25th Get Ready

Started by wildman, April 20, 2009, 10:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

The next field Shoot is this coming weekend on Saturday April 25th. I have received several PM from folks that are coming and a good turn out seems to be in the making. The weather report looks great so make your plans and load up your gear.

Here it is the 2009 Field Shoot Schedule. This year we will have 7 shoots 4 in the spring and three in fall. The shoots are dedicated to American marksmen that have with their skill as riflemen earned them a place of honor.

In 1775 Dan Morgan raised a company of Riflemen at the direction of the Virginia House of Burgesses with orders to march to Boston and become part of the American forces arrayed their. Morgan required riflemen that wished to join his company to hit with one shoot at 100 yards a picture of a British officer.  Morgans riflemen gave such a good account of them selves they became known as "Morgans Crew."

This year we are going to track the first hit probabilities of the riflemen that attend this years shoots. The top three shooter for the year will receive a trophy in December and become honorary members of "Morgans Crew." I will explain in more detail in another topic how 1st hit probabilities will work.

2009 schedule

February 21th The Timothy Murphy Shoot
March 28st Barksdale's Mississippi Sharpshooters
April 25th Patriots Day
May 16th  Berdan's 1st USSS
Sept 26th WW2 Sniper Course
October 24th  Sgt York
December 5th Korean War Sniper Course

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

Look out boys I'm bring the 1917 again for the first round hit probabilities and a Garand for counter attack. All out of the box rifles, boys bring your best.                                        well maybe a little trigger work on GI triggers
see you there!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

JohnnyReb

I'm shooting the Aug clone again, with a FAL backup.  O0

The menu for Saturday is grilled chicken breast on whole wheat bun for $2, (I just had my physical).
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

wildman

Good luck Reb! I really liked those hot dogs. Let's hope the problem with your new space gun is behind you.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

JohnnyReb

Sorry can't make it. (Family emergency)

You guys can make your own lunch.
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

wildman

Koma

Wildman ,Hawkeye Thank You both for the set up and take down and all the other work that You both did for this and every other match.

wildman

Koma had a great second half of the "Morgan's Crew" COF he hit 14 targets in a row with no misses. That is really great shooting.