News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Canton, GA AAR - Mar 3, 2024 Pistol Clinic

Started by upacreek, March 05, 2024, 03:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upacreek

10 Shooters came out for a great day of shooting pistols (and a couple revolvers).  A big shout out to the Cherokee County Sheriff's Department for letting us use their awesome range again.  We were happy to meet both Corporal Watkins and Carl when they made an appearance.  Our line was filled with Appleseed family-past and present, a brother and sister with their spouses, and a group of friends.  A great combination for some friendly competition and camaraderie. The history told during the day by Roswell, Cokeguy, and .416_Rigby was very well received.  We're very lucky to have such good story-tellers! .416_Rigby and Roswell led the bulk of the instruction and ran the line superbly.  The shooters soaked up a lot of instruction in our short day together.  Several were very new to shooting and a few had been shooting for decades.  I'm thankful the more experienced shooters were kind enough to share some of their tips and tricks that help them shoot better.  We've got a cool hat for you, if you'd like to make a habit of it. 
The day ended too quickly for my liking and the shooters seemed eager to keep going.  Since the instructors were all willing to stay, we went a bit later than advertised and got a second PQT in.  Alas, I don't call the first Appleseed Clinic a gateway Appleseed for nothing.  We got a few close Pistoleerâ„¢s, but none were able to go beat Daniel's awesome score of 203.  Practice a bit and join us again at our next pistol clinic on June 22nd.  Julie, I hope Scott treated you guys to a great dinner (family competition). Mike, be sure to bring your dad and friends back.

Rigby got to use the PA system to make sure everyone could hear the line commands.  This range is awesome!

Rigby and Cokeguy review how to obtain a proper grip

What a nice looking line of shooters

Roswell and OverMountain show us the proper grip and stance

Roswell and Rigby demonstrate close retention

OverMountain watches as we practice some one handed shooting

Daniel made all this shooting look easy

Rigby shares the Third Strike with us

Melissa is part of our Appleseed family and relatively new to pistol shooting.  She is clearly doing something right - great job!!!

Roswell looks like he's calling in reinforcements

Carl!  Carl is the Cherokee Sheriff's Mascot.  We're under strict orders not to put him in a crockpot (this is aimed at you - Axeman!) Carl hung out watching the parking lot for a good chunk of the morning.  He added a tunnel to the berm next to us as the afternoon wore on.

Gator couldn't join us today, and was sad to have missed Carl.  He created a bit of fan art for our friend.

I'm thankful for our shooters and instructors for staying late, hopefully having fun, and conducting a safe shoot - I hope to see you all again soon. (Thanks for the pictures, 6bones)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Roswell

Great first pistol event for Upacreek and the first one of the year. We started things off with a bang!  :--- Even Carl came out to cheer us on! It is always great to see so many couples and groups of friends. A lot of progress was made. Pistoleerâ„¢ patches still await those that persist. I look forward to seeing all of you on the trail again. Keep practicing what we taught you. Dry fire! Dry fire! Dry fire!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23