News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

10/22's for $199.00--looking forward to first shoot

Started by gjwilliamsjr, April 20, 2009, 01:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjwilliamsjr

I just found Appleseed a week ago, and am very excited about the prospect of learning to shoot as well as learning the history I should have learned in elementary school.  I just bought 2 10/22's from Dicks Sporting Goods in Davenport.  (I-4 and Hwy 27--exit 55)  That is the cheapest I've seen them in a while.  They have 1 left, so call before you go to see if there are any more coming in.  My wife and I will be going to Hernando county in Sept or Oct unless there is one closer to Saint Cloud sooner.  My brother and his wife will be going to Stroop NY in August. 

ItsanSKS

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm always looking for a good deal on a 10-22 to make into LTR's.

Regarding an Appleseed sooner than October- we should soon be able to announce the dates for a new venue, located in St Augustine, FL.   I'm not sure its any closer to you than the Hernando event, but shouldn't be too much further, and *hopefully* much sooner. 

Keep your eyes on the 2009 schedule, as we are always working to add more dates and locations.

If you've got any questions on how you should prepare, so as to make the most of your weekend, feel free to ask, there are plenty of helpful people here!

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."