News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marriottsville, MD, March 2-3, 2024

Started by Lycos, March 03, 2024, 09:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lycos

I want to thank the Mt. Washington Rod and Gun Club and the Associated Gun Clubs (AGC) for supporting this event.  Also, I want to thank our instructors, CMS00 and Phoebe.  Furthermore, I want to thank all our shooters for coming out to shoot.  We had three people come from PA to join us this weekend.

We had a lot of beginners for this event which was great for Project Appleseed to be the first to help them to start down the path of becoming a Rifleman.  We had several students who were very close to making Rifleman with cores of 205 and 206.  We are sure they will get it at the next event. We had one student who shot Distinguished on 5 of the 9 AQTs we did this weekend.  Huzzah!  We had another shooter who shot a rifle twice before coming to our clinic, and she made Rifleman.  This was a great group of students.  I'm very proud of them all for the improvements they made in their marksmanship this weekend. 

The weather was awesome on Sunday.  We couldn't have asked for better weather. 

Being on the end of the AGC firing line at the Barnes Range helped give us cover to present history without rain being a big factor. 

Students got a lot of one-on-one instruction, and they were very engaged with the instructors.  The instructors presented loaner rifles when students had trouble with their rifles or their rifles weren't performing as needed for the event.  Also, instructors worked on injecting some additional history tied to Women's History Month to fill in time after the 3 Strikes were completed.

We also ran some rapid AQTs to give the students a chance to see if that would help push a few over the edge in obtaining their Rifleman qualification.  Thanks to our Applecore member who had plenty of magazines which made the course of fire possible.
Thanks,

Scott/Lycos