News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Myakka City, FL February 24-25

Started by BaldEagle, February 28, 2024, 12:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldEagle

What a fantastic weekend. Our first shoot coming off of the holidays. A bit of a chilly start to the mornings but warmed up to what felt like spring afternoons in Florida. We had a great group of patriots turn out for this event. We had a family, Father, Daughter, and Son that were all in the running. at the end of day two I'd say Emily had the ability to choose where they stopped for dinner. This family came up all the way from south Florida. A three and one half hour drive for them. What a testament for their dedication to visit and spend their weekend with Project Appleseed. All were interested and attentive in our instruction and stories.

Our other shooter was a well established pistol shooter years ago. That translated to his newly acquired rifle (Brand New out of the box) Ruger 10/22....with the stock "stock" which better fits a youth than an adult. Our shooter Felipe with irons was soaking up the instruction throughout the weekend. Was knocking at the door of riflemen on Saturday. Sunday he doubled down and shot rifleman with a well deserved 223. Followed that up with a 230!! HUZZAH a distinguished score with iron sights with a brand new rifle. Well done!

Two of the other shooters were out of bootcamp and well on their way. Some dry fire practice while using the steady hold factors and following the 6 steps and we'll have some additional rifleman.

I want to extend a thank you for our Students and Instructors for a great weekend. You all make it a pleasure to be affiliated and a Shoot Boss with such an awesome program. We certainly look forward to seeing you all at future events!

JustKim

Congrats to Felipe -- nice shooting!!  I love when families make it a family affair. 

One of these days we will make it to Myakka!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

BaldEagle

Quote from: JustKim on February 28, 2024, 09:12:09 PMCongrats to Felipe -- nice shooting!!  I love when families make it a family affair. 

One of these days we will make it to Myakka!

Right? Excellent job Felipe!

Come on anytime! We love to camp, love to eat, and love to be at an Appleseed Event!