News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI AAR - Feb. 24, 2024

Started by Theokestral, February 24, 2024, 11:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theokestral

The students were not disheartened by the cold. The air temperature did not rise above freezing. Congratulations to everyone for persisting. That's the stuff riflemen are made of.

Speaking of riflemen: one student earned his Winterseed patch on his first AQT... and then earned his Distinguished patch on his second AQT with a score of 243... while it was 29 degrees Fahrenheit... with a bolt-action rifle. Those rapid-fire stages didn't stop him. Well done Jeremy.

Speaking of persistence: I was honored to present IronMike with his 50 event recognition pin (this was actually his 51st event volunteered at). The program and this country are all the better thanks to the hundreds of hours you have devoted to serving others. You are a model to all.
:F

Thanks again to all the students for their attitudes. And thanks to my fellow volunteers for your time.

Photos to follow.

Theokestral

1778ppr

I attended this event and the instructors were excellent. I plan on attending another Appleseed in Chaseburg. In the mean time I will practice. Thanks for all the work and outstanding coaching.

John