News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

O'Brien, FL February 16-17, 2024

Started by Pirategirl, February 19, 2024, 02:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirategirl

Well we had another excellent shoot at the Pastured Life Farm in O'Brien, FL.  The Shield's family once again hosted a wonderful event with the best shooters in north central Florida!  These folks know very well what they are about.  We had several members of the Shield's family turn in some pretty incredible scores.  Jemma requalified Saturday proving she knows very well what she is about.  Sunday she was riddled with rifle gremlins and a fogged scope.  Even not being able to see she turned in sharp shooter scores.  Her brother Ethan also wouldn't be outdone by the weather.  He shot his first ever distinguished score on Sunday.  Not to be left behind, little brother Liam turned in some very impressive numbers.  His LOW score of the weekend was a 199!  His high score was a 244! WHAT!?  Super, super impressive!  Did I mention he is 10 years old?  He needed to use a rest due to his size, so he couldn't get a patch, but if he ever grows into that rifle, we have a serious contender on our hands!  Great job Liam.  Uncle Daniel proved he knew what he was doing scoring a rifleman patch as well.  Bryan showed up!!  He turned in not 1, not 2, but 4 count em 4 rifleman scores this weekend!  OUTSTANDING work.  Isaac, our other young shooter went from all over the place shooting a 94 and turned it all the way up to a very respectable 143 for his first time out.  Work on that trigger control Isaac, and I will be handing you a patch.  There is no doubt in my mind.  Then we have Bob.  Bob couldn't make it Saturday, so he dove in head first on Sunday.  We had done a shoot together last time in Leesburg where he did battle with his rifle.  BOY did he slay that beast!  He tripled his score from Leesburg, and I can't wait to get him on the line again.  He will dominate the scoreboard the next time he is out!  Next time Bob, we'll get em!  We even got to shoot up a orange hat!!!  KOF earned his RED HAT at this event.  It was truly a pleasure to see that hat get blown out of the water!  Giggles were heard across the firing line.   But, the highlight of the weekend was watching David Jr. turn in an astounding 250 score 2 times!  YES, you read that right, he shot a 250, perfect score, 2 times.   I should also mention he shot a 216 on an AQT STANDING?!   He shot the entire thing standing to prove he could do it.  I think it was home field advantage.    All in all, the weather was terrible, rain, rain, rain.....but that didn't stop us! Can't wait to do it again!  HUZZAH!

Here are the pictures from the weekend   https://imgur.com/gallery/kQDg40O
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

caseyblane

"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

caseyblane

Sarea_51

I enjoyed working with all the shooters.  What a great crew of friends and family.  I look forward to the next time we all get together.

And congratulations to King of Fun (KOF) for getting his red hat.  I'm proud of you. :1luvu

TheMenace

Congratulations to all who persevered in the face of foul weather to turn in remarkable performance. Kudos to David Jr. This guy is a shooting machine. A big Huzzah to KOF. I've enjoyed watching you work the road to Instructor. Well deserved promotion, Sir!
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

JC/DC

Well done to everyone, especially in all that rain and cold.
Congrats KOF! Looking forward to seeing you in that red hat.

Dave Jr, has anyone volunteered to hold your next AQT between their knees?

Pirategirl

I volunteer Ethan.  Red crayon can do it.
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

Sarea_51

KOF

Now that my toes and fingers have thawed from this weekends shoot, I have to say I would be glad to do it all over again!  The Shield's farm is a wonderful place to hold an event and I look forward to the next one.  All of the shooters were a pleasure to work with.  I am glad that Isaac demonstrated such improvement and that he even got a chance to shoot his M1 Garand, HUZZAH!  David Jr's score was very impressive but he is being chased down by all of his siblings!  Way to go Jemma, Ethan and Liam!  Dan and Bryan were both up for learning and fine tuning their skills.  It was also good to see Bob turn out and improve his score from the Leesburg event.  Great job Bob!  Thanks to all that have helped me learn and improve my instructor skills>  I couldn't have done it without you all.  Keep spreading the word of FREEDOM!
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be" Thomas Jefferson - 1816

caseyblane

Pirategirl

FarmerDave

Quote from: JC/DC on February 19, 2024, 07:23:58 PMDave Jr, has anyone volunteered to hold your next AQT between their knees?

If I recall, the Morgan Shingle story highlighted two brothers so certainly, Ethan is the logical choice! LOL

That aside, what a great shoot it was. David qualifying standing with a 216 is humbling especially for those of us who may have taken a shoot or two or SEVEN to qualify! :D

Thank you PirateGirl and Seasniper making this happen and many thanks to KOF and Sarea51 for being there and facilitating such a great shoot regardless of the cold and rain!

Looking forward to having Casey and Isaac both on the line !

Farmer Dave

9mm4545

Wow! That sounds like a fantastic shoot. DaveJR is doing nothing more than the basics of shooting—-perfectly! Nice work.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Cleveland

The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

rambo granny

I predict there will be lively competition between Jemma & Nathan coming. I see Jemma earning a distinguished patch and both Jemma & Nathan in persuit of the 250 to add to brother Dave's "serial 250s". Farmer Dave, you grow great riflemen and Nathan's gonna follow up the path of glory. Congrats Daniel & Bryan!
So how much fun was grabbing that red hat KOF? 😆 congrats.
Super teamwork instructors....of course!
Sounds like a great venue we should check out as well!

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

JustKim

GREAT job everyone!!  WOW just WOW!  What a great event!

CONGRATS David Jr on your two 250s -- You are such an amazing shot!!  I can see it runs in the family!!

CONGRATS KOF on earning your RED hat -- well deserved!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan