News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

my retirement

Started by Blindman, February 18, 2024, 03:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

I started with Project Appleseed in around 2008, I still remember the moment the front sight fell off my rifle at my first shoot. I started for the shooting tips, stayed for the history and continued to this day. I have been very proud of my time with Appleseed, of the instructors and shooter I count as friends that I have met along the way. The hardest part of what I now need to do is parting with the friends I have made along the Trail.
Those connections are very special and the memories we have made together are something I cherish, but the requirements of my position have become more demanding and I do not believe I will be able to participate at the level that is expected of Appleseed volunteers. I have decided it is time for me to retire and step down as a member of the Appleseed training group.
I hope my efforts with Appleseed have elevated the general knowledge of safe gun handling and tales of American history. Thank you all so much for your efforts over the years to jeep our history and heritage alive. Hopefully I will see you all down the trial.
I will keep the Appleseed property that I have been trusted with for a reasonable time for Appleseed to retrieve it.
Aim small, miss small,
Blindman, signing off,
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

cwcdl79

Huzzah! Thanks for your dedication over the years, and wishing you the best for your future

Charles McKinley

Blind man,

Thank you for many years of hard work and dedication to Appleseed.  Best wishes for your future.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Cadence

Thanks for being a mentor, fellow instructor, and a friend.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Third Degree

Blindman, thank you for the years of mentoring and support you have given me. There are too many memories to recount in this brief post. I will do my best to carry on the traditions you have established in Gibsonburg. Best wishes!

Third Degree

jiminbolivar

Hey Blindman. So sorry to hear you are retiring. You were the shoot boss at my first Appleseed back in 2020. You will be missed. Huzzah!!!
I don't always shoot AQT's, but when I do, I prefer iron sights.

Codebook

Thanks for your tips in the past best wishes
Knowledge is power