News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay FL Feb 10-11, 2024 AAR

Started by TheMenace, February 13, 2024, 12:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

It was a great weekend for Marksmanship and Heritage at Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club in Palm Bay, FL. The 15 students were eager and willing to learn, the instructors were ready, and the weather was pleasant. The standard Course of Fire was followed resulting in tight groups early in the day Saturday. By Sunday afternoon we had two new Riflemen (brothers Conner and Garrett) and one requalification (Bob). Everyone else scored Marksman or Sharpshooter, seven of them above 190. Among our shooters were four under 18. Brantley 10, Timothy 10, and Evan 11 were designated snipers. Baylen, age 13, shot positions and transitioned, scoring an impressive 199 at his first event. 
It was a productive day for instructors, too. In addition to the satisfaction of seeing the students succeed, we had several promotions. Bus to IIT-1, LeadPusher to IIT-2, Mrdann to IIT-3, ArmyBooger to Instructor, and Sarea_51 to SBIT-1. Congratulations to all!
Thank you to our gracious host and the shooters who made it a pleasure to instruct.
Photos available here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBdX6e
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Louie Louie

CONGRATULATIONS ARMY BOOGER on your promotion to instructor. Well deserved!

Bear Arms

Congratulations and Huzzah Army Booger!  Thanks for stepping up!
2/17/2018 - First Appleseed
4/21/2018 - First Redcoat target cleared
6/16/2018 - Earned Rifleman patch and accepted orange hat
7/14/2018 - First IBC
8/04/2018 - First instructor only shooting development day
12/16/2018 - Earned red hat
3/30/2019 - KD Qualified
9/10/2022 - Rimfire KD qualified

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

Bear Arms

Congratulations and Huzzah Army Booger!  Thanks for stepping up!
2/17/2018 - First Appleseed
4/21/2018 - First Redcoat target cleared
6/16/2018 - Earned Rifleman patch and accepted orange hat
7/14/2018 - First IBC
8/04/2018 - First instructor only shooting development day
12/16/2018 - Earned red hat
3/30/2019 - KD Qualified
9/10/2022 - Rimfire KD qualified

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Sarea_51

Shooters, I enjoyed spending the weekend with you all.  So nice to see the improvement from Saturday to Sunday.  I hope to see you all again.

Army Booger - Congratulations!  Looking forward to our next shoot.

JustKim

Sounds like all the shooters made lots of progress!

CONGRATS Army Booger!!  and to IITs who promoted and Sara on SBIT1!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan