News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congress of Riflemen 2024

Started by Oldmikey, December 11, 2023, 02:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmikey

Has there been any discussion of a Congress of Riflemen  shoot at Ramseur in the spring of 2024?I would love to attend another one. I know you guys worked on getting one last year, what are the chances of one next spring?
"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

Geek

Definitely a discussion topic this past weekend.  Lots of ideas.  Stay tuned for updates.  If things work out, the end of June is the tentative timeframe it might happen.  Still a lot of moving parts that may block the event.

Geek
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy

cowtipper

I would love to see RBC at Ramseur in March or April.

Pelon

I could most likely work out a week long trip to the range in the spring. Summer (June) probably not going to be able to make that one. March, April, or May? Now ya got my attention.
I hope all you fine folks are doing well.
I may even be willing to cook for the week! Just a thought.

Thaddeus

Whenever we do this (and it's a great idea!) please schedule it as far out as possible. 

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe