News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missed Opportunities?

Started by WolfAmongSheep, April 15, 2009, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfAmongSheep

Hey all! Sorry, I have been crazy busy with school and havent gotten a chance to finish working on that flyer. I was listening to the news about the Tea Parties. Did anybody remember to bring a bunch of flyers with them and try to get the Appleseed word out? I think this would have been a great opportunity for people standing up for all their rights to learn a little more about their 2nd Amendment rights and how it protects the others. Hopefully somebody was able to go and carried a stack with them. If not, we will have to keep that in mind for the next rally (I have a feeling there will be more...).

Also, I recently received an invitation for an interview for a Pharmacy school in Maine. It is set for May 22. I had signed up for the May 23-24 Gibsonburg, OH shoot. The interview is going to last until about 5pm. It is a 15 hr drive from ME to OH (sorry, tickets to fly are 3x's more than gas to drive, so driving it is...), meaning I would be showing up dead tired and dont think Guy would want me on his range if I am only barely coherent.  Can anybody in the know tell me if there is there any way to reschedule my shoot, for the following month? Thanks for the input...

hawkhavn

W.A.S.

Next week, drop a note to Riflewoman with an explanation and your request.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com