News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome our new Great Lakes RC - ITB!!

Started by Maximum Ordinate, November 17, 2023, 06:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Friends,

After almost five years of service, Steel Thunder will be passing the Regional Coordinator torch.  I am grateful for his friendship and mentorship during that time.  During his tenure, we've seen several GLR states jump started. Fortunately, Steel is still serving, focusing on Master Instructor duties.

As grateful as I am for Steel Thunder's contributions I the region, I'm equally excited to return of ITB as the Great Lakes Regional Coordinator!  ITB hails from Michigan and has several years of previous RC experience.  He's a seasoned leader and passionate about developing the next generation of instructors.

Steel - thank you for everything you've done in the role of RC.

ITB - thank you for stepping forward to lead again!  I'm looking forward to working closely with you and the GL team!

Please join me in welcoming ITB back as our Great Lakes RC!   ^:)^

In Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Mrs. Smith

Steel, thanks for all you have done, and glad you're going to continue to be an MI.   :bow:

ITB!!!  He who ran the first IBC I ever attended! I spent 700+ miles and the better part of two days getting to that thing, lemme tell ya, and I learned a ton. (and then.... I had to drive home  ::)  ;D )

Welcome back to the RC, brother.  Kick its butt.  :beer:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

ArmyVet

SteelThunder: Thanks for your dedication (still ongoing) and sorry we didn't really get a chance to work together as SC/RC, but I hope our paths cross one day.

ITB: Thanks for your commitment to the mission and I look forward to working with you!
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Google

Thank you, SteelThunder, for all of the energy and dedication you continue to bring to the mission. 

ITB:  Thanks for stepping up and shouldering leadership again in the Great Lakes.

ProudPapa14

Well Done Steel Thunder!  Thank you for the work you have and will continue to do in the Program's name. 

ITB - welcome back to the RC role and thank you for stepping up to help out the Great Lakes area. 

300berg

Cleveland

The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

dond

Glad to have you aboard ITB. And SteelThunder, thanks for all your past and future service.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

ITB

Thanks for all the replies and warm wishes.  I'm looking forward to guiding the Great Lakes bus into 2024.  Thanks to SteelThunder for his efforts over the last 4 years.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

ChuckA

Looking forward to continue working with both of you
NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer and Life member

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms. 1st Draft of the VA Constitution by T. Jefferson

Dagny

Congrats and thank you ITB for taking on these duties.  :beer:

Steel I will still be expecting to see you in Shelby.  :-)
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." â€" Ayn Rand

1st Appleseed: Patriots Day 2009
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6695.0

2nd Appleseed: August 2011
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24570.0

Rifleman Score: Pending

Fair weather shooting confirmed.
1st Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21AUG2021 Curtice, OH - temps reached 100
2nd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 13NOV2021 Piqua, OH - it snowed
3rd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21MAY2022 Curtice, OH - temps just right!
Scored Pistoleer™ with a 215 on 21MAY2022 https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=63008.0
Cleared Appleseed Pistol Clinic redcoat 22May2022

Captain America

Thanks to both Steel and ITB! I am looking forward to working with both of you in the years ahead!