News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Antioch, TN AAR - November 11-12, 2023

Started by Tennessee Beast, November 17, 2023, 11:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Beast

This was a great event.  The weather was nice and warm with little wind. I really enjoyed this group of students (most were first timers).  Several said they were hooked by the history.  I know most will come back.  Our first "hits count" target showed that the students were ready for instruction.  Most of the students arrived with rifles sighted in, which was great!  There was definite improvement on those targets from Saturday AM to Saturday PM.   O0  We had to go through the course of fire fairly quickly on Saturday since it was dark at 5pm.  We got through one AQT on the first day. Additonally, BluegrassColonel received his 75 shoot pin.  Huzzah.

We did a more thorough review than normal Sunday morning.  I think gremlins got in some of the students overnight because several folks had to re-zero, but it only took a square or two (I think everyone from 10-70 understood IMC). However, half (5) of the students got Morgan's shingle Sunday morning.  Huzzah!!! Everyone did great on Sunday and by the end of the day, two students earned their Rifleman Patches (Byron, 210 and Jami, 211).  Byron got anointed with some actual water from the North Bridge.  Thank you all for coming! I hope to see you all soon.  Remember to practice what you learned and you'll earn your Rifleman patch soon.  I also want to thank all the great instructors (I couldn't do it without you!)

IMG_1686 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

IMG_1683 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.18 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.17 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.14 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.10 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.8 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.6 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.4 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.3 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

Antioch Nov 23.1 by Robert Wadley, on Flickr

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Dracomeister

Had a great time at the event, fantastic group of shooters, beautiful fall weather, and Jami Shot a Rifleman Score! (I admit I'm a bit biased  :)))
Got a couple of photos to add.
My Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America has no expiration date!

Old Navy Doc

It was a fantastic shoot. I love having 25 m events at Antioch, the classroom is perfect for teaching and the range is safe and private.
I can't wait for Dracomeister's nieces to take Orange Hats because they will be amazing!
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23