News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR- New Philadelphia, OH KD Oct 28-29, 2023

Started by Charley, October 30, 2023, 08:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

What a great group of eager students that attended this Known Distance Clinic! The weather was cool and rainy for the weekend. Everyone in attendance was eager to get as much done as possible even with the mist and rain.

There were several in attendance who knew well what they were about. Todd requalified with a 46, and Chris requalified and earned distinguished with a 48. We had Tim who is a new rifleman with a 44. Eric scored a perfect 50! Shawn scored and followed it up with 43 and 49 and Josh also scored and requalified 42, 46, 45.

The shooters and shoot boss took their chance to join Morgan's Riflemen. Shawn, Eric, Josh, and Ben joined Morgan's company. Two qualified, hitting the shingle standing! Congratulations Scotty!

We had a fantastic weekend even through the rain! If you didn't make the Rifleman score yet keep practicing and persisting! We look forward to having you out again!

Huge thank you Tusco Rifle Club for graciously hosting us, Sarah for providing a delicious meal and the instructors: Yates, JiminBolivar, and Tick Magnet.

:pics:

Yates

And while she's too modest to emphasize it, Congratulations to Charley for hitting Morgan's Shingle Standing!

Bubbles

:yeahthat: Shoot Boss drilled the shingle standing, unsupported in less than ideal conditions with limited visibility.

jiminbolivar

Saturday morning shooters enjoying the rain....

I don't always shoot AQT's, but when I do, I prefer iron sights.

jiminbolivar

jiminbolivar

Two of our shooters that earned their KD patch. There were others but my camera skills are lacking and one shooter was camera shy....

jiminbolivar

jiminbolivar

And here are our Morgan's shingle shooters from Sunday morning. Ben made it happen in prone and he was followed up just seconds later by Charley, who earned a star by making the shot while standing.....

Ohio Piper

It was a wet but productive weekend.  I've flirted with Distinguished for a long time now and finally hit it.  Dropped one round during Stage 4 for a 48/50 on Sunday. 
My son, Ben, had his first experience shooting past 100 yards and hit the shingle, also on Sunday after getting dope on Saturday.
Saturday was a personal letdown for me.  I came to the realization that I struggle with iron sights past 250 yards now.  10/10 stage 1, 8/10 stage 2, 6/10 stage 3 and only 3/10 stage 4.
It was wet, it was chilly, it was fun.