News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Immortal 400 Patch Story

Started by Lycos, October 28, 2023, 08:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lycos

Hi everyone,

I thought we should have a story that instructors could refer to about the Immortal 400 patch, being a history nerd, I put one together.  Working with Catch 10-22 (The Father of the Immortal 400 patch), he has approved this story.  It includes a short story that can be told within a couple of minutes, and it includes a little map of the battle and the book reference if anyone wants to get more details.  I have a longer version of the story, pm me if you would like it.  I hope this is helpful to those who want to share the story.
Thanks,

Scott/Lycos

Agent711

Thanks for sharing! So many sacrifices. Hang your head high knowing you are doing your part to preserve the liberties those brave soldiers died to defend by telling their stories. We will never forget!

Being a homeschooler, I want to share a resource to aid kids (and parents) to immerse themselves.
https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/speccol/sc5500/sc5572/000001/000000/000192/images/md_400_msa.pdf

Chico

Lycos, I attended the pistol IBC clinic last April in Annapolis, and at its conclusion, Catch-10-22 presented me with the Immortal 400 patch. When I questioned its significance, you stepped forward and proudly explained the history and significance of the Immortal 400, and how their efforts impacted and saved General Washington and his troops, and undoubtedly greatly influenced the outcome of the Revolutionary War.

I am continuing to tell of the Immortal 400 at both rifle and pistol clinics. I believe I've told their story 6 or 7 times throughout northwest Ohio so far, and it's become a staple for me to present between AQT'S and PQT's.

Please send me the longer version.

Thank you and Catch-10-22 for continuing the heritage the Immortal 400 created,
Chuck
"Chico"

The Immortal 400 patch is proudly displayed on my range bag and accompanies me to all events.
Oct 30/31  1st Appleseed - Gibsonburg (232)

March 5/6  1st Winterseed - WolfCreek (225)
March 5  Cleared RedCoat (Sat am & pm)
March 6  Orange Hat ( I requested Blue )
Aug 20/21 1st Pistol Clinic - Wolf Creek (220)
Aug 21  Cleared Pistol RedCoat
Sept 11  10 Event Pin (Canfield)

Oct 9  Red Hat - Marengo (Meadow)

February 4/5 Shoot Boss IBC (M.O.)
April 1/2 Pistol IBC Annapolis, Maryland
April 2 Pistol Instructor (Catch-10-22)

CMP Range Safety Officer - Rimfire
CMP Range Safety Officer - Smallbore
CMP Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
ISSF Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
Certified - SafeSport Trained
Royal Rangers Counselor - Rifle/Archery

We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again . . . Nathaniel Greene

Lycos

Quote from: Agent711 on October 28, 2023, 10:48:29 AM
Thanks for sharing! So many sacrifices. Hang your head high knowing you are doing your part to preserve the liberties those brave soldiers died to defend by telling their stories. We will never forget!

Being a homeschooler, I want to share a resource to aid kids (and parents) to immerse themselves.
https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/speccol/sc5500/sc5572/000001/000000/000192/images/md_400_msa.pdf

That's awesome Kevin.  Thanks.

I know you love this history as much as I do.  I appreciate that.
Thanks,

Scott/Lycos

Lycos

Quote from: Chico on October 28, 2023, 10:54:45 AM
Lycos, I attended the pistol IBC clinic last April in Annapolis, and at its conclusion, Catch-10-22 presented me with the Immortal 400 patch. When I questioned its significance, you stepped forward and proudly explained the history and significance of the Immortal 400, and how their efforts impacted and saved General Washington and his troops, and undoubtedly greatly influenced the outcome of the Revolutionary War.

I am continuing to tell of the Immortal 400 at both rifle and pistol clinics. I believe I've told their story 6 or 7 times throughout northwest Ohio so far, and it's become a staple for me to present between AQT'S and PQT's.

Please send me the longer version.

Thank you and Catch-10-22 for continuing the heritage the Immortal 400 created,
Chuck
"Chico"

The Immortal 400 patch is proudly displayed on my range bag and accompanies me to all events.
Chico,

Wow. I am honored that I could be a part of your storytelling in Ohio.  It's what brings me joy to hear that someone has found something that I presented to be of value to appreciate and share with others.  That means a lot.  I sent you a pm about the story.  Thank you.
Thanks,

Scott/Lycos