News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field Rifle Clinic AAR - Oct 21-22, 2023

Started by JustKim, October 24, 2023, 09:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKim

This was a great weekend!  11 Patriots ranging in age from 10 to 69 showed up early Saturday morning ready to soak up lot's of marksmanship instruction and the history of our founding generation!  The weather was absolutely beautiful!  We had pretty much a 1:1 instructor/student ration so a couple of our instructors took the opportunity to shoot and prove that they've still got it!  They both re-qualified. 

The students persisted throughout the weekend and their markmanship improved as shown by the Hits Count target scores and the AQT scores.  Two of our returning students re-qualified:  congrats to John who shot a high score of 234, and to Katie who came back with a 235 -- she had attended a Project Appleseed event previously, at which she scored, but it was a long time ago.

Deborah scored her first rifleman score ever of 217 -- then another 217, then 230 - 221 - 224 - 230 -- I think she's got it!!!!  She also agreed to take an orange hat!!!!  CONGRATS Deborah and welcome to the team!!

AND -- CONGRATULATIONS to Sarea_51 for earning her red hat!!!  She did an amazing job.  After we shot up her orange hat, and played a game, we ended the day with a rapid-fire AQT after three of our instructors provided a demo -- and then of course the final red coat of the weekend.

We had 4 students score marksman scores and 4 shoot sharpshooter and 3 expert!!!  I look forward to seeing everyone at their next event!!!

Katie's Rifleman patch!

It's a long story  :)

Deborah's Rifleman Patch!

Lucas' Young Patriot Patch

Ethan's Young Patriot Patch

Deborah's Orange Hat!!!

Josh wanted to make sure we got him with the pink AR!

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

KOF

Sara and I had a great time working with the Hurlburt Field crew and look forward to working with them again!  Absolutely beautiful weather and the shooters were a pleasure to work with!
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be" Thomas Jefferson - 1816

Sarea_51

I always enjoy working working with the shooters.  i especially like the excitement from a brand new shooter when they figure out applying the 6 steps of taking a shot and their steady hold factors.  Nice job everyone and thanks for shooting up my orange hat.  i won't figure that fun!  I hope to see you all back on the line at future shots!  Sarea_51

JC/DC

Congratulations to Deborah! Great job!
Good work to John and Katie for requalifying.
And a big congratulations to Sara! So happy for you, and looking forward to seeing that red hat at the next shoot.
Cheers
John

gunjunkie

This was a fantastic weekend with beautiful weather and a very enthusiastic group of patriots. JustKim kept everything moving and Serea_51 did a great job earning her Red hat. Congratulations! 

Deborah worked hard Saturday on her six steps and NPOA and put her new found knowledge to work on Sunday earning her rifleman's patch. Great job and congratulations on your new orange hat! I look forward to working with you.

Excellent shooting John and Katie re-qualifying.
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

waky

What a great weekend. Josh really enjoyed the PINK Rifle. he greatly improved his shooting the AQT's.
Congratulations Sara on getting your Red hat.  Kim did a great job on keeping things going on time.

Dee

Thank you so much to all the intructors for making this Appleseed event happen. I appreciated all the help and how several instructors went above and beyond to make sure I succeeded. Thank you for your dedication to teaching and to make sure everyone improves and has fun!

Mrs Wacky

An Appleseed event is the only thing that gets me up at or before dawn. It is so much fun to watch progress, in any form, over the weekend. Beginners become more proficient, seasoned shooters learns a few new things, and the instructors and IITs continue to improve their teaching skills.
Congratulations Sarea_51 on your red hat.