News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Memphis, TN Ladyseed AAR - Oct 14-15, 2023

Started by Rustygun, October 23, 2023, 10:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustygun

Our annual Ladyseed event was a big hit and a mighty good time! I wondered how many sign ups we would have at first, but when it sold out I switched to wondering how many Instructors I would have lol. The group was a high energy bunch that ran the gamut from Riflewoman to never fired a firearm of any kind before.  The weather was perfect and the ladies soaked up the instruction like sponges. They were very attentive to the Strikes and 901 Gun threw in some Dangerous Dames stories on Sunday. One of the youngest shooters was yelling out the correct answers to the MOA questions on long range. They were really engaged all weekend. We had several first time Appleseeders in the hunt with scores in the low 200's. Most of the youth shooters had either never fired a firearm before or had only one time. They couldn't prep a mag on Saturday morning but by Sunday afternoon were old hands. They were very happy with themselves and all want their own rifle now. This was a very fun event and the group was all smiles all weekend

Our brand new orange hat handles safety rules

The ladies make some noise at the Saturday morning Redcoat

The results show we have some work to do although one of them with no experience did very well!

The instruction begins

Never fired a rifle before, first square

Things start happening with steadily shrinking groups

A beautiful sight. How do we get that line so straight!

Our youth shooters

Pat handles the AQT

Ashley patches

Kinley patches

Here's something you don't see every day. Grandma, Mom, and Daughter all patch at the same event. Dangerous Dames indeed

This guy hung around in the impact zone for 2 days. Was never hit. I almost dispatched him since he is a viper but didn't

A great group of Instructors who did a fantastic job at this event

As always thanks to the Mid South Riflemen for helping set up and take down. They are a huge help and big asset to Appleseed. Going to be hard to top this Ladyseed next year

901Gun

This was great event. Ladyseeds are always fun and even better when they are sold out. Loved seeing ladies of all ages excited about shooting rifles and learning history. It was fantastic to see 3 generations patch. I enjoyed working with these instructors.

JustKim

WOW!!!  Look at all of those ladies!!!  Looks like a fantastic event!!  14-15 Oct was a GREAT weekend for Ladyseeds, no doubt!!

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

dart67eb

I could only work Saturday, but it was a great event!  Thanks to all who came!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Captain

That looks like one of the biggest Ladyseed events I've seen! What a great time!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range