News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gunshow table

Started by 1911Ron, April 13, 2009, 08:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911Ron

As the title says, what do we need to do to get a table and who would be willing to man it? We must be able to have someone there all weekend, we could do shifts, if you could only do a few hours great, more the better. 

Let me know how you feel about this idea and if you would be willing to commit to this idea.  Thank you  1911Ron

MOGromit

Hey Ron,

Next show in PHX (Crossroads of the West, http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm) is on April 25-26 when we'll be down in Sierra Vista for an AS.

After that, they have one in June in Mesa (27-28).

I don't mind sitting around a gun show all weekend as long as I get spelled from time to time to wander the tables  :)

AZG

1911Ron

I'm all for it, there is also one at the fairgrounds in July.  thoughts as to what we want table wise what we want to put up? ideas suggestions?  I am going to call Cross roads of the west (show promoters) if we can get a discount or free table.  1911Ron

AZRedhawk44

Might want to hold off until August.

We don't have an event on the books all summer in AZ.  I'm working on one contact up in Springerville, but he doesn't have an official range up there yet.

Folks tend to forget things 3 months ahead of "today."  Getting June excitement for a September Appleseed will yield less participants than August excitement for a September Appleseed.

JMO.

1911Ron

I'm figuring that June, July is a good time to promote the program as a whole and not necessarily a specific shoot. Beside these two shows are bigger and better and AC'd O0  I'm throwing out this idea for consideration.  1911Ron

Humvee

Ron,

I'd be willing to help out manning the table.  My schedule is a little limited June to mid Sep, but I could probably work the Mesa Crossroads in Sep (26-27).  May also be able to help out in the afternoon for the Phoenix Sep 12-13 show.

AZRedhawk44

I'll help, whenever the show is.  Not meaning to poo-poo the idea... just think it's more effective the closer we are to an event.

Humvee

The officials at Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association (ASRPA) are showing a lot of interest in Appleseed.  They also set up a booth at gunshows.  Perhaps a joint effort?  I will talk to them at the next chance and see about joining forces.

I handed out about 25 flyers for the upcoming Buckeye Shoot in Oct during the NRA convention last week.  Would have done more, but I was working the ASRPA booth so had to talk to the powers that be before I brought them in.  They are also going to spread the word on Appleseed at their next quarterly meeting. 

1911Ron

Yes, by all means, go for it, i would be willing to share a table to help promote appleseed O0   AzRon