News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hot Springs, AR - AAR - Pistol Clinic - Oct 13, 2023

Started by bright1, October 16, 2023, 10:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright1

10 eager and enthusiastic shooters gathered at MVSA in Hot Springs, AR on Friday, Oct. 13 to improve their pistol skills. It was a great day to be on the range!  Mostly overcast, but pleasant.  We started the day with a little history before proceeding to the instruction.  Soon enough, we were putting rounds downrange.  Everyone did well, and all seemed to have picked up on what was being taught.  In addition to Michael, Charles, Frank and Sandra, who are locals, Derek traveled down from the northwest corner of the state and Brian, Mike, Jim, Deborah and Tommy ventured over from Tennessee to join in on the fun! It was really a wonderful group! Mike and Brian both requalified, proving themselves to be bona fide Pistoleerâ„¢s!  Everyone showed improvement over the course of the day, with several coming close to earning their first Pistoleerâ„¢ patch.  While the majority of the attendees had attended previous Appleseed events, this was the first pistol clinic most had attended.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the instruction, the history, and the company of other liberty minded individuals.  I know all the instructors present enjoyed the day and working with everyone in attendance.  Hope to see everyone at future Appleseeds! 

bigfoote51

This was my second Pistol Clinic, and I enjoyed it very much. I can't say enough about the instructors, Captain, Kyle, Randy, and Jeremy (Instructor in Training, soon to get his Red Cap.) Thanks to all of you. The history lessons were informative and enjoyable, the instruction was great. I'm 72, and I just started shooting a little over a year ago. My accuracy has improved since my first Clinic last April, and I am very excited about what I learned from this one. For a fat, old guy whose endurance isn't what it used to be, a day of shooting wore me out. Now the real work begins, implementing what I learned into my shooting. I may not have gotten a patch, but I did accomplish one of my goals, I hit Major Pitcairn's Button. While I only hit the 100 and 60 yard targets once out of 4, I did put all 4 into the 44 yard target. This was a major improvement from April, and I believe in a few weeks of working on the recent instruction it will be even better. I can't thank the Instructors enough.

Calaboose Cross

Had a great time at the Appleseed Pistol Clinic! The instructors were all top-of-the-line and did a great job giving us History, instruction, and camaraderie! Kudos to them for a job well done!!

Captain

I'm so glad I was able to be a part of the Pistol Clinic at the Mountain Valley Sportsman's Association. It was a fantastic time to share our heritage and work on pistol shooting skills. Even better was the chance to spend time with fellow Appleseeders (volunteers and shooters).

I was able to take some photos which you can click to see full size and click again to shrink.

Group photo

And some more . . . .

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range