News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC AAR - Oct 14-15, 2023

Started by NeilR, October 16, 2023, 09:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilR

We welcomed participants to a sold out, slightly wet, but super enjoyable event in Ramseur this weekend.  We saw impressive progress.  Examples are going from zero on the 400 yard silhouette of the Hits Count target Saturday morning to seven that evening, five Riflemen, and youngsters who doubled their scores on the AQT.  The strike stories were received with enthusiasm and the Saturday benediction really hit home for a number of the participants.  Last, but not least, a new Orange Hat joined the ranks - welcome, DevBo!

Some of the participants were able to do some KD shooting and prove that what we learned at 25 yards translates very well to 300 yards.   The participants who stayed at the 25 yard line to work on skills and AQTs didn't have to be told that; they could hear the regular ringing of steel which indicated it!

A number of participants were from the Trail Life organization.  Thanks to you individually and as representatives of Trail Life.  The youngsters in that organizations made a good impression on everyone there.  Please come back to another event in Ramseur or elsewhere to continue your journey toward expert marksmanship.

This was a new range for me, NeilR, in the role of Shoot Boss and I very much appreciate the help of Vaportrace, R-Mack, ProudPatriot, Yates, and DCHelwig.  I look forward to working with all of you again.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

NeilR

Great pics from the event.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

BulletWhisperer

Thanks Neil for everything you and the rest of the instructors did to make this a successful weekend. The boys loved it and we will definitely be back next year with with more upcoming riflemen.