News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Redmond, WA - AAR - 14-15 October 2023

Started by CaptainRebop, October 16, 2023, 03:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRebop

It was another fantastic Appleseed in Redmond, WA.

15 Patriots joined us last weekend at Interlake Sporting Association and proved that they know what they are about!  Not only did they tough out the wet weather, but in a 2-minute engagement with a force of Peppermint Regulars, 100% of the Peppermints sporting gorgets were taken out of the fight causing the Regulars to break and run!

It really is hard to pick just one highlight from this event.  This was an incredibly attentive group who showed a passion for history and persistence befitting Americans.  I was thrilled to get to award 5 Rifleman patches to first time Riflemen at this event - and I was able to award my first ever Distinguished Rifleman patch to Dave K with a score of 242!  Congrats to all our new Riflemen: Curtis, Dave K, Dave Y, Dustin, and Scott!

To our youth shooters Clay, Oliver, and Sean - thank you for spending your weekend with us and learning about your heritage as Americans.  I hope to see you all back some day and get the chance to award you each Rifleman patches.

If you didn't make Rifleman at this event, don't despair.  Marksmanship is a skill that takes practice and persistence!  Practice what you have learned the next time you go to a range, or spend some time at home dry-firing (make sure you do this in a room where no ammunition is present).  Remember that dry fire is free and that it is great practice for all 6 steps of firing the shot.

Don't forget to take that 7th step of firing the shot.  Spread what you've learned about history and marksmanship with others.  Maybe even invite them out to a future Appleseed event.

Congratulations to BirdDog on earning your Red Hat!  All of our shooters watched you prove that you are truly an expert instructor, and the number of Riflemen we were able to award at this event is a testament to how well you explained the keys to rifle marksmanship.

To BirdDog, Doc Sporseen and IBorche: Thank you all for running a fun and safe event for all.  It is always a privilege to get work with you to remind our fellow Americans to keep the spirit of the Revolution alive and well.

Pictures Follow.  Thanks IBorche for taking so many great photos this weekend.

Doc Sporseen gives a spirited First Strike:

IBorche captured this photo of the eclipse happening during our Intro speech:

Our line of shooters practicing various seated positions:

Curtis posted a first-time Rifleman score of 221!  He rocked this tricorn hat all weekend:

BirdDog is awarded a well-deserved Red Hat:

CaptainRebop discusses trajectory:

Scott earned a Rifleman score of 211 with a tube-fed bolt-action 22 WMR rifle:

Dustin scored a 210 and was treated to a ceremonial baptism in the cold waters of the North Bridge before he was awarded his patch:

Doc Sporseen

Congratulations on the red hat, Wes!  It was fun putting an end to your old hat!  Also, a loud Huzzah to our new riflemen! Proof that persistence really does pay off!
Aaron "Doc" Sporseen
HM1(FMF), USN, Retired

Rifleman:  November 2019
Morgan's Rifleman:  September 2021
Red Hat: January 2023
Pistoleerâ„¢:  March 2023
Requal (KD): July 2023

BirdDog

Wow thanks for the honorable mention!  A great group of shooters made for a really fun weekend!!!
Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

~ Anonymous Greek Proverb

Baconater

Thank you all instructors for another great event!  Clay and I had fun, learned a few new things and I am so happy to have finally made Riflemen!  That would not have happened without the help and coaching through the 5 events it took me to get there. 

We love the history presentations!  Clay really liked the 3 strikes story and I really liked Doc's telling of dangerous old men!

Doc Sporseen

I'm glad to know that I (And, of course, the other instructors!) am having an impact!  Thanks!
Aaron "Doc" Sporseen
HM1(FMF), USN, Retired

Rifleman:  November 2019
Morgan's Rifleman:  September 2021
Red Hat: January 2023
Pistoleerâ„¢:  March 2023
Requal (KD): July 2023