News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Iowan Need Help From a Texan or Two

Started by Burnett, October 12, 2023, 05:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burnett

***Sorry, not Appleseed related, but hopefully once I can get into contact with someone, we can take it off forum.***
Some buddies of mine and I would like to come down and do some pig shooting.
As we understand it, it can be done either as either hunting/harvesting of game or as eradication of critters.
The hunting/harvesting involves bag limits and licenses; the eradication involves finding someone to let you commence with a pig slaughter. ??
We want to slaughter.  >:D
Would someone be willing to help me out?
Do you or someone you know have more pigs than you/they can kill and would like some assistance?

Thanks,
Greg

AF5US

Burnett,

Don't know that I can offer you a place to hunt but I think I can offer some clarifications on a few misconceptions.

If you are hunting on public land, you need a general Texas hunting license.

If you are hunting on private land, no hunting license is needed.

Regardless of whether the land is public or private, there is no closed season and there is no bag limit or requirement to tag.  They're a pest and a nuisance.  That said, when I do have the opportunity to hunt them with friends I rarely get to sample any of the meat - because my wife won't leave it alone in the freezer  O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)