News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monticello, MN AAR - Appleseed - Oct 7-8, 2023

Started by ProudPapa14, October 08, 2023, 11:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProudPapa14

What a great weekend to spend with a fun, energetic group of patriots at the Monticello Sportsmen Club.  We as instructors were blessed with eleven individuals who were excited to be at an Appleseed event and came ready to learn.  Our first hits count target showed a lot of room for improvement with our best effective range of 300 yards.  The group actively listened, asked questions and were willing to try the Appleseed methods.  By Saturday afternoon we went from having just 2 people effective at 300 yards to having 3 who cleared the entire target and all the rest improving their effective ranges.  Congratulations to Anders, Wyatt, and James for clearing the Redcoat target on Saturday. 

Eight were able to return on Sunday and continue to make improvements on their rifle marksmanship.  Wyatt started the rifleman train getting a 231 on his first AQT of the day.  Chris and Lyle earned their rifleman patches on the second AQT of the day with scores of 223 and 210 respectively.  James rounded out the rifleman group with a score of 223 on his last AQT of the day.  In addition, we had two start the morning, cold bore - shooting the shingle on the hits count.  Sunday afternoon got us another another three clears of the hits count target when Lyle joined Wyatt and James in clearing their final redcoat target of the weekend.

Cassie, Tim, Sebastian, and Jamie all showed improvements in their journey to rifleman.  We missed Anders, Liam, Chris, and Jerry on Sunday and hope to see them at a future event.

I want to also commend neckburn for the exceptional instruction this weekend and dedication this year resulting in him earning his red hat.  Congratulations!!!! 

To the shareholders and board of the Monticello Sportsmen Club - thank you for the use of a beautiful range for the weekend.  We all are extremely grateful.

To the instructors and volunteers who helped out - a thank you doesn't seem to suffice, but they are what I have.  Thank you for working together to put on a great Appleseed event.

Pictures to follow.

Heatstroke

Congratulations everyone!! And congratulations to NECKBURN
Mike "Heatstroke" Mapplebeck

TheDestroyer

Congrats to all the participants. And thanks for a great event
"Cities may be rebuilt, and people reduced to poverty, may acquire fresh property, But a constitution of government once changed from freedom, can never be restored, liberty once lost, is lost forever. When the people once surrendered thier share in the legislature, and their right of defending the limitations upon the government, and of resisting every encroachment upon them, they can never regain it."
John Adams

TB

At this time of thanksgiving it is a good time to reflect on the people who made the sacrifices to gave us the freedom we have today.

With that said, I want to belatedly thank Proudpapa, and all the instructors that gave up there weekend to teach us to shoot better and give us a great start to learning of the people and the history of the American revolution.
congratulations to Necknurn for a well deserved promotion!
I'm hoping to see pictures soon.
My son and I are looking forward to participating in at least one event this summer!
No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way.
Robert Baden-Powell

ProudPapa14

Pictures - finally.  I apologize to the attendees for being so late on this.

Group Photo:

neckburn:

Rifleman:

- Lyle and Chris - yours won't upload at the moment - will add when it does.

Prone / Seated:

Hits Count Clears: