News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Another shooting event that's "sling only"

Started by Leam, October 04, 2023, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leam

Looks like some "Run and Gun" (RnG) (for example:  https://westexrun-n-gun.com/) are recognizing the mighty sling! From the above web page:

No bipods.  The only assist is the rifle sling.

Now I just gotta be able to walk five miles and still shoot straight... Lots of RnG events in Texas, and nearby colonies.

Pookie

Like Kool- Aid says : OH !YEAH ! My unsolicited advice is to quit smoking and do dumbbell farmer walks for 5 miles. Farmer walks build strength and endurance. That's what the Internet says anyways.Good Hunting sir ! :beer:
During the seventy years which elapsed between the overthrow of the Stuart dynasty and the victory of Wolfe on the Heights of Abraham, the relations between the American colonies and the British government were, on the whole, peaceful; and the history of the colonies, except for the great and romantic struggle with New France, would have been almost destitute of striking incidents. In view of the perpetual menace from France, it was clearly unwise for the British government to irritate the colonies, or do anything to weaken their loyalty; and they were accordingly left very much to themselves. Still, they were not likely to be treated with any great liberality,â€"for such was not then, as it is hardly even yet, the way of governments...

Leam

Ha! I quit smoking years ago, thank goodness. My biggest issue, other than the size of my waist, is a weak leg due to nerve damage. My current hike (no weight, no time limit) is up to three miles, but it takes a lot out of me. I haven't been able to build much cardio endurance due to the limited walking bit.