News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corpus Christi Event Weather Question

Started by sardoodledom, April 12, 2009, 07:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sardoodledom

As of 5 PM today (Sunday) weather reports for Saturday the 18th look like the corpus area will be experiencing scattered thunderstorms and light to moderate rain.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX0294?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Is there any procedure or equipment recommendations we need to be aware of in case of heavy rain?

/(already digging out heavy rain ponchos and liners)

smle

Have something to coverup your equipment.
Last Sept. they shot at Davilla in the middle of hurricane Ike.
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

POP

Thanks smle.

Sardoodledom:

Yes, plan on rain.  but, even it it does rain, the normal type thing is to have intermittent showers or maybe a line of showers move through.

presto chango ... cools things off, settles the dust, who could ask for more on a hot dusty day?

See you there!
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

metalbot

Corpus will run rain or shine.  Probably both.   :D

If you are using a carpet remnant as your shooting mat, I'd recommend also bringing a poncho to lay over your mat so that you aren't lying on a sponge.

I'll make every effort to do the classroom elements during the rain so that we can take advantage of breaks to get time behind our rifles.

Davilla 1108

sardoodledom

80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow...

scuzzy

Rain or shine, sleet or snow, hurricane, tornado and hail, IRS, TTC or ATF, I'll be out shooting.

Weather for Saturday in Davilla and Corpus shows rain. I expect to be wet tomorrow. But Sunday, at least according to weather.com, is nice.

My wife was buggin me to take rain gear. I told her that if it rains like it did today, it will just run down my neck and I would be wet anyhow. She did at least talk me into bringing extra clothes so that when I got into my sleeping bag Saturday night, my drawers would be dry. heh. Ever go hiking after a good shower and everything except your drawers had dried out after several miles in the sun? LOL.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

POP

SAR

Come on down.
Weather Service says 50% Saturday for scattered showers.  the bulk of the rain is off to the north.  an area of showers developed over Laredo this evening but, is dissipating as I write ...

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)