News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR-Amarillo Tx. Sept 23-24

Started by Joe Bauers, September 25, 2023, 08:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bauers

Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club hosted a amazing project Appleseed event this weekend with 13 shooter showing up to learn about Rifle marksmanship and some history from justkim. A youth group was using the indoor facility Saturday morning so we started on the outdoor range in the morning while it was cool and took care of the basics. many of our shooters were new to rifles and took instruction very well.Over lunch we were able to move back inside and continue on the beautiful indoor range where we began to see marksman ship improve continually over several marksmanship drills. as we got closer to the infamous Appleseed Qualification Target. All of our shooter did great maintaining a good level of saftey through out the event.

Sunday morning we were refreshed on our prior points of instruction by justkim and gunjunkie going over steady hold factors and 6 steps and npoa and apprentice carpenter and danoman giving the demo on the standing instruction, with will giving us a solid Sunday morning safety brief to get us on the line.

After we finished our first Aqt we saw some good starting numbers and instructors did great in helping to fine tune and make small corrections in position,sling and npoa. By the end of the day all shooters showed remarkable improvement with numbers ranging in the mid 100's to 207 shot by matt with katie close behind with a 206.Everyone was enjoying themselves even with multiple equipment issues everyone was able to have fun and learn some new skills and we enjoyed meeting some new friends along the way and look forward to seeing them again at the next shoot down the road.

In Liberty
Joshua (Joe Bauers)
Shoot Boss
now some pictures  ;D

Lead, Follow,or get out of the way !!
A harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very, very dangerous man who has it under voluntary control  -jordan peterson-
Money cannot buy happiness but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle -John Wayne-
Don't be surprised when you send your kids of to Caesar and they come back as Romans  -voddie Baucham-
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing -Walt Disney- 
Engage your brain before you engage your weapon -Mad Dog Mattis-

Steck

Holy cow what a gorgeous indoor range, what lucky shooters!

Captain

Looks like a great shoot out there in west Texas! Huzzah!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

NotThatKaren

Thanks for a great weekend.  I promise to practice before I come back, and I WILL be back!  The team was awesome!

gunjunkie

Great weekend and time well spent for the cause. There were great folks and fatastic instructors. All in attendance walked away with new found knowledge and I know they will put it to good use. Thanks to all that attended, I hope to see you again on the Appleseed trail.
Joe Bauers and his team were awesome and I look forward to working with them again. 
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Cactus121

Wow, what a great learning/doing experience!  We are already working on getting our own gear fixed up and will definitely be looking forward to the next local(ish) Appleseed - thanks for the thoughtful and encouraging instruction.  I knew absolutely NOTHING (besides where the trigger is) and ended the weekend exhausted but equipped with so much new information and new skills AND a renewed appreciation of our country's founders.  Note to ladies - if I can get through this two day course, you can.  Just don't forget the knee and elbow pads!! 

A special thanks to Jeff T for the generous use of his equipment - my 140A would not have passed muster! (yet!) 
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

JustKim

I thoroughly enjoyed this event!  This event was originally scheduled as a Ladyseed, but when we didn't fill the line, we decided (with input from all the ladies who had signed up) to open it up to the guys and filled the line.  I was impressed by the persistence and significant progress shown by all of the shooters.  Matt and Katie (my great-niece) were SO CLOSE to earning their Rifleman patch.  Also, Sandy, my sister, cleared the final hits count target!!  I couldn't be prouder!!

The instructor cadre' was a joy to work with!!  The instruction was spot on and the history told was nothing short of amazing.  This crew knows what they are about.  I certainly hope to work with them again!

Thanks to the range for being so supportive of Project Appleseed.  I foresee a long lasting relationship with this amazing range.

I have to give a special shout out to Steck.  This was Joe Bauers SBIT3 and his shoot box was one of the shoot boxes that was delayed by Fed-Ex.  Gunjunkie and I were able to make a stop by Steck's house on our way to Amarillo and she loaded us up with everything needed to run the event!  THANKS STECK -- you saved the day!!! 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan