News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pineappleseed

Started by SamD, April 11, 2009, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Last night I received an inquiry about having an Appleseed on Maui.
Man says he has a range and can get some shooters together  O0

I'll stick with him and see if we can make this one happen
Sam

hawkhavn

Sam,

Don't know, we mayyyyy have a volunteer or two for that one.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Junior Birdman

No, really. I insist. This one is going to be tough. really, horribly tough. And being the philanthropic individual that I am, always thinking of others, I insist that I go, thereby sparing you guys all that suffering.  No need to thank me, that's just the kind of guy I am.  ::)
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Wade

Hey Samd 

Hmm hardly any thing like a truck stop there and no bridge to there sorry I can't make it there I valunteer Wheeler44 to go in my steed O0 will that work ?

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

SamD

I think it should go to the instructor team that racks up the most Appleseeds between now and then
Of course no one with less than 10 shoots in the current year should even be dreaming about it.

smle

SamD,

While everyone else is trying to go if you need any help on the paperwork. Let me know.

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

SamD

I just got done sending the local guy a package of stuff to get started.
Some swats 100 of the 50 foot reduced targets and some squares to setup as teasers and get started on the local club.

Sam

Thor

I'll be moving there next year, and by that time Mrs. Thor should be among the orange or red hatted crowd.  So in any case Hawaii will have a local Instructor team in 2010.
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom... Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."--Samuel Adams

bob 210

SamD, I sent a host Packet to the only rifle range on Maui (I think) and talked with the range owner about the program. He didn't seem very interested, bso I thought I would let him think about it a while until he heard about Appleseed from one of his shooters. it seems like that opportunity just arrived.  PM inbound.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

bulkhead

I'll bring a box of supplies.

bulkhead
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

funfaler

Puts an interesting twist on the "spouse appreciation program"  O0

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Fred

Yes, Hawaii will be on the "double points" SAP list - only have to do 24 AS/year to get your ticket. >:D

But won't be necessary. I'm thinking about moving there, myself, and Thor, Mrs. Thor, and I will be able to handle things... ;D

So long as bulkhead is willing to shlep the supplies. ;D ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

bulkhead

Fred,
You have a type it's bring not shlep.

bulkhead
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

bunklocoempire

Aloha from the Big Island!  I've got friends & family on Maui that may be interested in attending and promoting the Maui shoot.  I would be interested in promoting the Maui shoot (possibly attending) as well as attending and promoting one on the Big Island Hilo side.

I'll keep an I on this thread & possible Hawaii shoot dates, and familiarize myself with the nuts & bolts of the shoots.  (newbie)   

I've been on the Big Island 2 years after living on Maui for 18 years.  For any planning a move out here, Maui, Big Island or Hawaii in general, feel free to ask me any questions.

Great to hear Hawaii included, mahalo for the help to keep our teeth sharp everywhere!

Bunkloco

SamD

Welcome aboard bunklocoempire.
Glad to have you.
Here is the secret to Appleseed

Get us a range and we will come.

Start working the managers at them places bit for us.

Sam

Deacon

My brother lives in Kahalui (sp?) and would would be there.  There are many shooters on the Island of Maui and I am sure it could be filled.
P.M. me and can give you his information.

PJEVANS

I am recovering from pneumonia, but I am here at the Hilton Complex on Waikiki Beach, and I cannot find anyone.
Hopefully someone will email me the location of the shoot, otherwise I will remain at the Lagoon beach or one of the
tiki bars.  The Army has a real nice tiki bar filled with hero's, and there is a fort within sprinting distance in case I get scared,
they have some REAL big guns there.  Navy has some cute 50 cal weapons, seems they come up with the caliber by dividing the
bbl length by the bore diameter, 800 inch bbl divide by 16 inch bore = 50 caliber gun! !@#) just when I thought I had if figured out.............. good for 20 + miles with WWII ammo, accurate to "right side of the windshield or left side of the windshield", powered by 660 pounds of powder.
The public firing rental range here keeps handguns tethered with a four point hook-up, right side-barrel-left side-barrel, so the muzzle is
fairly incapable (some nimrod will always come up with a way) of pointing at your neighbor. #)
This truly is paradise, can't believe it took 50 years to find it!
@&) :~
Phil Evans
'Loud noises do not usually stop a gun fight,
     Well placed hits do'

pebbles

Well, well, well....Hawaii's hoppin on board now! AWESOME!!
Paladin & I lived on Maui for a short while and would definitely love to stop on back sometime.
Where's the shoot supposed to be at on Maui anyhow? We lived Hana-side.

I guess it's a good thing Haleakala's dormit, right?? A berm with an active lava tube could be a problem.  $$-0

Turtleguy9

Aloha All
Did Hawaii manage to have an Appleseed ?

Thanks
Turtleguy9

hawkhavn

Nope---not yet.
You're one of three(?) holdouts.
Do you have a range?

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Earl

I am going to Oahu on the 20th of May, and then Hawaii on the 2d of June returning to the Mainland on the 8th of June, willing to talk, coordinate or assist as I can while there - mostly this is a family vacation and visit, but there is time for more. If I can help.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

SamD

Earl,
Please check your PM's

Sam

Old Dog

Hmm. I don't think I can drive my truck there.  Oh well, I was there in '58 and '60 so no need to go back. :)

PS.  There were several guys on the M14 Firing Line Public Forum who live in Hawaii that were showing interest in attending an Appleseed a couple of years ago.  If you get some dates set up we can share the info over there and maybe get more attendees.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

henschman

Yeah, there are a lot of people on the M14 firing line from Hawaii.  But they always delete my posts when I mention anything about Appleseed though.  :(
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Old Dog

That forum has quite a few folks on it who make a business out of selling parts and accessories to the other people on that site.  Awhile back it seems some of the regular sellers where complaining that Appleseed was a business and a lot of selling was going on while Appleseed/RWVA had not paid the site owner the usual fee to advertise on that site.

Anyway, that was taken care of when some folks here got together and put in the money required to have Appleseed listed as a vendor.  Now you can talk about it all you want.

The site owner even tried to join up here but the last time I talked to him for some reason he was unable to post here.  I do not know if that got resolved or not.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Bill 3

Quote from: Old Dog on April 01, 2010, 08:25:03 PM
The site owner even tried to join up here but the last time I talked to him for some reason he was unable to post here.  I do not know if that got resolved or not.

If you have any info or contact data, send it to me and will see what the problem is.

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Earl

I am looking for real Riflemen of the RWVA that have started on their Seventh step in Hawaii. If Appleseed is going to happen in Oahu or anywhere in Hawaii we have to know who is out there that might be willing to help run an Appleseed. cram1903 is representing us and his club and offering a public range. There must be military and others that have earned their Rifleman on the mainland and are now living in Hawaii, might even be Instructors that work and vacation periodically in Hawaii. I can probably get to Hawaii easily enough, I will be there from 21 May to 1 June with only 29 May locked down for family events. I will be staying at the Hale Koa from 27 May to 31 May, and can get messages there, too. PM me if you know people I could or should contact beside cram1903.  Thanks!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Thor

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I will be transferring to Hawaii this year.  Factors beyond my control will determine the exact date, but within the next few months I'll be out there.  If you will forward me any contact info for ranges or BOTG I'll hit the ground running when I get there.
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom... Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."--Samuel Adams

willorith

If you insist, I would be willing to go halfway around the world to SB in Hawaii. For the good of the program of course.
We are but human.

Earl

Okay, I will be in Hawai'i on Friday for about three weeks. I would really like to receive email from anyone on the islands that wants to be a part of the RWVA Appleseed movement. O0

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/    My blog

wmearl2@hotmail.com    my email off the forum

But you could have found all that, I would tell you my mother thinks I am okay, but I don't really have any other references.  Take care out there. :)