News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman rockers

Started by Specialkay, August 27, 2023, 08:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Specialkay

I noticed events now are awarding rockers to rifleman patches (distinguished, known distance, and 250). Back when I did known distance, I ended up shooting a perfect score at the Ramseur range, but they didn't have rockers back then (almost 7 years ago). Is there any way to have rockers applied to past KD events? Or would I need to shoot a perfect score again on a current KD?

Just curious, as my eyesight is worse now than 7 years ago, and while I'm INCREDIBLY proud I could shoot a perfect score on KD and I hope I could do it again, you never know. 
May 2016 - Rifleman - Ramseur (216)
June 10, 2017 - KD Qualified - Ramseur (33/40)
June 11, 2017 - KD Perfect Score - Ramseur (40/40)

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Specialkay on August 27, 2023, 08:04:47 PM
I noticed events now are awarding rockers to rifleman patches (distinguished, known distance, and 250). Back when I did known distance, I ended up shooting a perfect score at the Ramseur range, but they didn't have rockers back then (almost 7 years ago). Is there any way to have rockers applied to past KD events? Or would I need to shoot a perfect score again on a current KD?

Just curious, as my eyesight is worse now than 7 years ago, and while I'm INCREDIBLY proud I could shoot a perfect score on KD and I hope I could do it again, you never know.

Hi Specialkay,

These patches fall into two categories:

1.  Rockers (curved patches) are for instructors/IITs/AC, as they go with our RWVA Oval.  These include Rifleman, Instructor, Shoot Boss, Boot Camp, etc.
2.  Bars (rectangular) are awarded to shooters and instructors.  They include the 250 bar, Distinguished, and Known Distance (formerly Long Distance). 

The 250 bar can be earned with a perfect 250 (points) or a KD performance with all shots confirmed in the 5-rings.  As I recall, the 250 patch wasn't retroactive when it was released.

There is a Ramseur KD in December.  And we ARE scope friendly!   :snipersmi

best,
MO

Edit to add:  P.S.  Originally, the 250 bar was intended to be awarded only at 25m events.  KDs were not eligible.  Last year, Ramblin' Wreck proposed to ISAAC that we update that policy to include a perfect 400y KD score (all 5s) and ISAAC voted to approve that change.  For interested volunteers - details can be found in the SB Manual version 4.1. 
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Specialkay

Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on August 28, 2023, 11:00:29 AM
Quote from: Specialkay on August 27, 2023, 08:04:47 PM

Hi Specialkay,

These patches fall into two categories:

1.  Rockers (curved patches) are for instructors/IITs/AC, as they go with our RWVA Oval.  These include Rifleman, Instructor, Shoot Boss, Boot Camp, etc.
2.  Bars (rectangular) are awarded to shooters and instructors.  They include the 250 bar, Distinguished, and Known Distance (formerly Long Distance). 

The 250 bar can be earned with a perfect 250 (points) or a KD performance with all shots confirmed in the 5-rings.  As I recall, the 250 patch wasn't retroactive when it was released.

There is a Ramseur KD in December.  And we ARE scope friendly!   :snipersmi

best,
MO

Edit to add:  P.S.  Originally, the 250 bar was intended to be awarded only at 25m events.  KDs were not eligible.  Last year, Ramblin' Wreck proposed to ISAAC that we update that policy to include a perfect 400y KD score (all 5s) and ISAAC voted to approve that change.  For interested volunteers - details can be found in the SB Manual version 4.1. 

Thanks MO!

I've been watching for another KD event to pop up at the Ramseur range. A refresher would be good for me, but past events just didn't line up well with my schedule. Hopefully this one fits!
May 2016 - Rifleman - Ramseur (216)
June 10, 2017 - KD Qualified - Ramseur (33/40)
June 11, 2017 - KD Perfect Score - Ramseur (40/40)