News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rice Lake, WI August 5-6, 2023

Started by Taylor, August 07, 2023, 12:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Thank you Blue Hills Sportsmen's Club for being a great host for another Appleseed event at your First Class facility! And thank you also for feeding us delicious lunches Sat and Sun!

We had a great group of students who were in tune with both the marksmanship instruction and the history of the founding of our Republic.

Thank you all for being a member of our Appleseed family!

Steve requalified with a 219 with iron sights this time. Congratulations Steve!

Brad's best was a 186 after two days of steady progress.

Dan, Joshua, Jaxon (who came THIS close to clearing the final Redcoat target), Jaime, Jeff and Marie all persisted over both Saturday and Sunday. You all have the Rifleman DNA in you. Persist and you'll earn your patch. I'm hoping that I will be fortunate enough to shake your hand and award it to you.

Don't to forget to 7th step and come back soon to an upcoming event!

My personal thanks go out to my fellow instructors BugginOut, Firestick, MN Ward and Panzer! Without each of your individual contributions to the overall effort we would have not had the success that this Appleseed was! See you on the trail again...sooner the better.

Pictures beginning...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

ProudPapa14

Taylor

More pictures...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

sjwelna

Thanks again everyone for a great Appleseed!  We all had a great time.  Looking forward to the one in River Falls in October!

-Steve
6/26/22 Rifleman 210 scoped first Appleseed
8/6/23 Rifleman requal 219 iron sights
3/24/24 Pistoleer™ 225

sjwelna

Also forgot to mention, would love to see some Appleseed Pistol Clinic clinics in Wisconsin, I would definitely sign up for what it's worth!

-Steve
6/26/22 Rifleman 210 scoped first Appleseed
8/6/23 Rifleman requal 219 iron sights
3/24/24 Pistoleer™ 225

ProudPapa14

Steve - not sure where you are at in the state, but Leadlined and JoeZ are recently pistol certified shoot bosses.  I believe both are towards the Madison/Milwaukee areas and were discussing adding some pistol clinics.  In Minnesota, we have two scheduled for this month, but will be adding more as we go as we find ranges willing to host us.

If you have a range or area that you'd like, please let us know and we'll try to work with them.

M14man

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -Thomas Jefferson

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death; If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive…" â€"Harriet Tubman

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine

If we cease to assert Our rights we shall dwindle into supineness and the chains of slavery shall be fast rivetted upon us
-Samuel Whittemore