News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Northwest Colonial Festival (Aug. 31-Sep. 3) LIBERTYSEED

Started by CaptainRebop, July 06, 2023, 11:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRebop

I was recently reminded of the Northwest Colonial Festival hosted in Port Angeles, and I thought I'd share it with this group in case it was new to anyone: https://www.colonialfestival.com/.  This year's event is scheduled from August 31st - September 3rd.

Has anyone been to this before?  I'm trying to gauge whether this would be a good spot to run a Libertyseed out of a booth (and promote our marksmanship clinics throughout the day).  It seems like they do some presentations about April 19th, 1775, but I don't know how much of the story they tell, or whether they tell it with the kind of passion that wakes up fellow Americans and gets them to step up and preserve Liberty. 

If I get a positive response from the festival about getting a booth for Project Appleseed, can I get a couple volunteers who would be willing to help out during any of those days (Thursday, August 31 through Sunday, September 3rd)?  We don't have any other events in WA that weekend, and I think that's fairly close for some of you.  IITs - this would be a great opportunity to get LOTS of practice towards your IIT4 PC  ;)

Doc Sporseen

I wouldn't mind riding over on the Friday and hanging out if someone can set stuff up on Thursday.  Looks like it'd be interesting to walk around and check things out!
Aaron "Doc" Sporseen
HM1(FMF), USN, Retired

Rifleman:  November 2019
Morgan's Rifleman:  September 2021
Red Hat: January 2023
Pistoleerâ„¢:  March 2023
Requal (KD): July 2023

CaptainRebop

Response from the festival organizers has been very positive!  It seems like they are excited to have us there any days that we can be.  Looks like we have a  :F Libertyseed :F in the works!

I've spoken to Doc Sporseen, ultragtr, and Iborche about this event, and I'm getting a planning thread started with them soon.  I will share more details about our plans here as we build them.

If you are interested in joining us as a Libertyseed presenter, please respond here or PM me and I will add you to the planning thread.

Iborche

Super excited for this - there's the potential I'll be traveling for work around then, but if that doesn't get in the way then I'd be happy to support all four days

CaptainRebop

WA Instructors: Thanks to scuzzy and sharna, this event is now available for sign-up in TIPS!

If you're interested in joining, please sign up and note which days you would be available to help out.  I am still working with the venue on logistics and other scheduling.  Once that's more nailed down I will share those details with anyone who's registered.

IITs - this is a great way to dip your toe into telling the history!  Not ready to tell a strike yet?  Come tell a DOM or two!  Or, join and help us give a marksmanship preview!