News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Albuquerque, NM June 24th and 25th, 20223

Started by desert_diver, June 26, 2023, 10:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert_diver

10 shooters persisted through a hot, dry and occasionally windy weather at the city of Albuquerque's Shooting Range Park. 

This was a great group of shooters - the class was enthusiastic, even on Sunday afternoon.  Everyone's shooting improved through the weekend.  One shooter re-qualified twice.  A youth shooter just missed qualifying with a score of 203. 

When I say it was dry, I mean dry.  Weather data from the airport a mile or so from the range showed the relative humidity was 1% on Saturday afternoon. 

Here's one photo - more to follow from the rest of the cadre:

Mahamotorworks

Photos
Target Line

Eye Dominance Check

Shooting Squares

Stage 4

Mrs. Smith with some Story Telling

MAHA
Sufficient speed, Acceptable drag.

So what is Project Appleseed Business?  What would the Ghost of Project Appleseed say to us?

"Business!'" cried the Ghost of Project Appleseed, wringing its hands again.  "Liberty was my business; Heritage, History, Freedom, and Pursuit of Happiness, were, all, my business. The deals of Marksmanship were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
-Adapted from Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol.

Moon Clip

This was my third Appleseed event and the second with my daughter. The weather conditions were not ideal with typical New Mexico blowing sand in the afternoon. In spite of that, the shoot was great! The instructors were very helpful and the stories about April 19th, 1775 interesting enough to get my daughter to ask questions and want to learn more about the revolutionary war.

I have seen posts from Mrs. Smith, but at this match, I was able to meet her and talk to her. She is a very knowledgeable instructor and gave very short but very useful instructions for improving your shooting skills. A big plus is that my daughter is considering attending another Appleseed event based on her recommendation next month. Hoohrah!

Thanks for a great shoot. The only thing that would make it better is if you could control the weather. I will wait patiently for that to happen. 

Mrs. Smith

Rick, when I figure out how to control the weather, I'll let you know first thing! At that point, I'll become so wealthy that Appleseed will be the best funded nonprofit on earth   **)

We are all grateful to our students for joining us, being so open minded, and doing your best to take in and implement the instruction. I saw several budding Riflemen this weekend! We're honored you chose to spend your weekend with us,  and we hope to see you again in October.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24